Instagram doesn't allow hidden hashtags any longer

Just sharing the news. Since yesterday Instagram doesn’t allow hidden hashtags. They no longer work.

All you can do, is placing up to 30 visible hashtags, either in caption, or in a comment.

This new functionality makes us to find another way to get traffic from hashtags. We’re currently doing experiments to find the best way of reaching our audience.

2 Likes

There is always conspiracies about people posting on here and IG then making that strategy not work. I never knew about it until you mentioned it.

4 Likes

Well, they still worked great. A lot of IG-accounts used them, and got great results.

1 Like

Dam. Maybe its true and there are spys on Mpsocial working for IG. Like a week after you posted its gone

1 Like

And beginners always wonder why we never share (real) golden nuggets on public forums … It just makes sense :thinking:

Only share them if you’re already 1-step ahead from the strategy. Or if you’re about to go to jail for 10+ years. It also works

4 Likes

Haha ) We could use it in this case to make really good changes happen faster. For example, I’m pretty sure IG community would GREATLY benefit, if IG allowed to unfollow bots faster. This looks easy-to-make: there’re a lot of accounts that look very suspicious (newly created, without photo, having over a thousand followed accounts, and 0-10 followers… IG could create a tab for those, and a button to unsubscribe them in one click.

As a result. Bots would become much less effective, and much more expensive to create. Therefore their number would reduce signinficantly.

Instagram! Do you read me? Hope this will be implemented in a couple of weeks. PLEASE!

1 Like

As been discussed multiple times before - we here on this forum are small fish to Instagram and whilst you could claim there is a certain probability to anything, it is highly unlikely that there are employees here stalking our activity and conversation to implement things to stop what we’re doing.

Many of the updates that Instagram make that block the sorts of activity we do that could be seen as shady is done automatically by their AI, and if not I imagine their engineers can see all sorts of stats and figures that would help them patch loopholes.

2 Likes

the counter to that is, some people do not want to share anything related to themselves / their identity and just want to follow and engage with certain pages privately.

Those “suspicious accounts” can actually be people.

This is that challenge for them to implement your suggestion…

And from what I can imagine, is a waste of resources when they can simply create a better or different experience on their app.

Edit: anyway, not to derail the thread, bringing it back to your topic. Thanks for updating us about the hidden hashtag loophole fix by instagram.

1 Like

Most are small fish but I know there are a few huge whales on this forum. They just stay hidden. They know not to share anything.

1 Like

Potentially, but my point stands. Instagram simply do not combat automation by delving into communities, big communities or small communities.

This is because their engineers have better things to do with their time, they build out things to recognise spammy behaviour in general that just so happen to block or disturb our loopholes, rather than manually creating patches for little things that pop up like that are shared here.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the news :neutral_face:. It indeed was a nice strategy to use more hashtags and increase the reach.

1 Like

that’s bad news man…, yeah, of course we will try to find an alternative, it’s a well-known strategy I don’t think they removed it just because we mentioned it here.

1 Like