Instagram Follow Block - Mega Thread - Level 1 [SERIOUS]

Okay, perfect. I will try some other things later to see what the daily limit doing it all manual. as I’m a strong believer that the software off jarvee and other are being blocked, not the actions

Here is the Thing. When receiving a ban on the computer usually follows the app too.
The thing is, when you start following people on a row from a sorten profiles following or followers list, you will not get any notifications saying you are blocked. But once you open profiles and then press the follow bottom the notification appears.

True, but the weird thing was that I first received some soft block, when clicking on the follow button it would turn grey as in “following” but then jump back to blue “follow”

but when I switched to my phone I could just follow them fine. so I guess it’s some soft block system to notify people hey slow down a little, before giving them a real ban.

How do you do that?

2 Likes

search for ‘app cloner’ in the google play store

2 Likes

I’ve been a lurker here for some time and have been reading this thread religiously to get updates on the June Issue.

I run a company and created my own app - totally proprietary (please don’t ask for the name or codebase as I will not share). I created and use the codebase on my own website where users sign up and pay to access monthly. Similar to Jarvee. Anyway, I have some insights to share that can potentially help everyone and maybe someone who is writing a solution themselves.

Some background - I understand the Instagram App, as well as iOS dev, Servers, Android Dev and the Entire Technologies Back to Front. I can reverse engineer anything and am usually very quick to react to any changes.

Up until June - for 3 years - my bots were immune to any Instagram Changes. I was even running them on Data Center Proxies (nothing special) and as you well know. Most proxies have been flagged lately.

Usually changing proxies worked but this time it didn’t…

Instagram and Facebok have compiled a list of data-center proxies and blacklisted their ASNs (I have internal documentation from Instagram confirming this which I can share - and it’s actually a great read on their attempts to tackle Bot Automation)

So I rested the accounts for 1/2 weeks then switched to Residential / Mobile

It did not work (just like it won’t work for you … not for very long anyway) and here is why :

I believe Instagram has implemented some sort of validation checking into their newer apps - so right now any older User Agents (particularly those being used by bots like Jarvee) have been effected. They have also started to implement harsher limits to apps that don’t utilize or support TLS 1.3 which they rolled out in August last year 2018 with Fizz.

The newer apps are actually using stricter forms of security so they are much more complex to reverse-engineer. But I am very close to a solution. It’s a nightmare to get it done but I will update you guys - if anyone is interested.

For now I have created a rudimentary solution that uses a Virtual Device (genymotion) and automates tasks and I am able to like / follow even when Jarvee and my other tools are refusing to budge. Think about it - how often have you actually got a block on likes on your phone ? even after liking 10-20 times I find it hard to get a block. But that’s not the case in Jarvee and other bots.

I am in the process of trying to make it scalable with the ability to switch multiple accounts and proxies - but the real solution will come about once I reverse engineer the SSL pinning / inspect packets on the Apps.

Let me tell you something though guys - gone are the days of doing all of this cheaply. The new solutions will require more computational overhead / more expensive proxies to overcome and this is what Instagram / Facebook is counting on.

Think about it…

Only the ones who adapt will survive.

I’m off to bed now but feel free to discuss and I will respond once awake.

42 Likes

How do you keep track of who you followed so you can unfollow them?

1 Like

Anyone in this thread is using DC Proxies for f/u with good results?
It seems like Data Center Proxies don’t work?
Thank you

Exactly what I am wondering, Im doing some manual follows at present but how can I track who to unfollow - and more importantly how do I know who I have unfollowed so I dont follow them again after unfollowing !

1 Like

That is not safe.

Running all DC proxies. As mentioned before pretty often it doesnt seem to be proxy related or maybe it’s affecting some subnets.

I am testing between DC proxies (1 account per IP) and Residential proxies (3 accounts per IP).

• DC Proxies seem like don’t work well, always Follow Blocked (IDK the reason) for new and aged accounts.
  • On the other hand, Residential work really really well. (Follow 300-500 daily with nightmode).
    But the problem is Residential Proxies are so expensive!
1 Like

I assume better proxies will hit less roadblocks yet it seems to be super random on all my DC proxies. I think about 50% or less of all my accounts are having follow block issues. I’ll just wait for the jarvee update to see what it’s about before doing changes.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
What is the explanation for follow/like blocks in chrome based selenium automation ?
Let’s skip the fingerprints parts… is it only pattern?

I must say that Jarvee do fails much more than Browser based, and I am not sure how they do the EB but it is also failing much faster that my selenium based.

Thank you for the useful information, the documents really interesting.
As I said, Residential work really really well. (Follow 300-500 daily with night mode).
But the problem is Residential Proxies are so expensive!

1 Like

I am only doing this for my personal account. So I think the best way might be to add all my actual friends to a whitelist and have Jarvee unfollow them? Not sure about avoiding those you already followed though…

1 Like

How much are the residential proxies you’re talking about? And why get residential instead of mobile proxies?

Thanks

I’m actually not running into any issues with Selenium & Residential/4G proxies.

Are you utilising a headless browser? The headless browser tools are problematic so maybe go with a proper Chrome Browser + Selenium IDE.

My suggestion - give the account 2/3 days break, clear cache&cookies and login on fresh Res/4G proxy on Chrome with Selenium Automation. Much better than EB that’s for sure.

By then Jarvee team might have a solution anyway…

5 Likes

I also follow this interesting thread.
If someone also “programs”
You can learn interesting things.

They do not know what is going on :slight_smile:
They must support $$