Instagram image quality better for verified accounts?

Hi, guys…

I have noticed that many verified accounts that post good quality photos, have no absolutely no pixelation when you try to zoom in. There are of course some artifacts here and there caused by the instagram compression algorithm, but no pixelation.

In my case, though I have tried almost anything, read all tutorials available and exporting with the suggested settings and size, when I zoom in I see pixexlation, besides the artifacts.

Can it be the case that verified accounts are also given a higher image quality allowed?

Any tips or experiences would be helpful, since we are supposed to upload high quality content to gain more following and engangement.

4 Likes

I am not sure about the question you have asked, but IMO if there’s a teeny tiny pixelation somewhere, it won’t brake your post reach for sure.

Whilst the actual quality does matter, I would say 20% vs 80% of content quality. Research your niche, post viral content. Repost if you can’t recreate similar content. Just be sure to make image look unique if you will repost. That will drive you 100% better results vs removing a small pixelation on a bad content image.

I have a client who’s posting awesome interesting and engaging content and sometimes it’s even pixelated and the ER is massive. Get’s thousands of likes and comments. Then I have restaurant clients, who pay 100s of £ for professional photography and they rack up 100-200 likes per post and a handful of comments.

2 Likes

Well, you’re right… I don’t repost, I create content and it’s very unique, in the niche of fashion, lifestyle and travel. I come from the field of photography originally and image processing and that is why it disturbs me to see the content ruined. It’s not the best thing to see the clothes and the skin pixelated when you show the products on the model.

But I can’t find any solution than what you suggest, concentrate on content and ignore pixelation. :triumph:

2 Likes

I’ve thought the same but I figured they save the image differently. I’m having a better time using the old save for web option on ps and making the image 2800x2800 but I’m still pixel peeping some artifacts.

I also thought at first that they are saving in a different way but then I exported yesterday an image that appeared in Instagram pixelated in various ways and then I uploaded it in a testing account. No matter what
I was getting worse image than bigger accounts.

I tried:

1. Export from Lightroom vs from Photoshop
  2. Export with 100 jpeg quality
  3. Export as png file and let Instagram compress
  4. Export from Lightroom with file size limit to 1.6
  5. Export bigger image size and let insta compress it
  6. No filter at all. As shot by camera.

Even with no filter at all I was getting worse quality that others. So, that’s why I thought they have special privileges.

Last thing I want to test is extra sharpening or grain insertion.

Ps. Except for the ones I tested the bigger file size and image size, normally I used 1080 width x1350 height with 76%, this gave the worst results.

1 Like

Interesting experiment, I will have to try it out!

Hey man whats up?
I was searching on google to see whether if verified accounts can post better quality or not and your post pops up at top of results.
I download a photo from a verified account and i noticed it was around 900KB and when i reposted it, it was around 70kb! I mean what the hell???
Im a photographer and i create content ive been through all the struggling you have been through my friend and im helpless.

Hi, my friend!

I am a photographer as well and that’s why it hurt to see bad quality at my photos while verified accounts had perfect quality.

After searching for ages I discovered the source of my problem was that I was uploading through an Android. I immediately tested it from a friends I-phone and voila the problems was solved.

I changed towards Apple since then and sold all my android devices.

Anyway, that was my problem. I don’t know if you have the same.