Instagram Reels question

Hi to all,
I have 380k Instagram account. I start to post reels about a week ago. I’m using hashtags and researching good content every day. My question is why some reels have few 100k views and some on max 100?

1 Like

Are you using the same hashtags for all the reels you post? Is the number of views changing on a daily basis?

1 Like

I’m changing the hashtags every time. I have approx 5-6 group of hashtags I using. 2 days I can’t get more than 1k views. I posted now a good content so we are see later.

1 Like

I get only 1 view on my reels. I posted few hours ago. Something weird is happening. Any suggestions?

1 Like

How many reels do you post per day? It looks like you have been shadowbanned.

2 Likes

One per day. Shadowbanned only from reels? I try not to post reels few days to see what’s happening when I post again.

1 Like

yes, most likely shadowbanned from Reels, if you can still get good engagement from other posting methods then you should stop posting on Reels and make sure you publish some unique posts.

2 Likes

Yeah, stop posting for a couple of days and then see again if the shadowban is lifted. My guess is that if it’s a shadowban it should be lifted sooner or later.

2 Likes

Yes I’m getting good engagement from other posting methods.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll update you soon…

1 Like

Posted a video in reels and for 12h I get 1k views. I’m still shadowbanned?

1 Like

I would say Yes considering that you have a 380k account you should at least get 10k to 30k views and that’s in case your account has a normal engagement.

1 Like

How much time I need to wait to unblock me? It’s frustrating a bit.

1 Like

Are you reposting content or is it orginal?

1 Like

Only reposting…

Try posting some unique content for a couple of days and see if that will improve the engagement.

1 Like
  1. Post reels to the feed, very very important.
  2. Post reels In the morning before peak hours – ups views greatly.
  3. If reposting, save the reel on an external source as to wipe out info from Insta embedded on the file.
  4. Change the Caption slightly or reorder sentences
  5. Put hashtags on the caption – not in the comments.

Try that. I go a step further and put my account name on the bottom and the account posted from on the top. Watermarked so to speak.
I have also stopped all ‘follow @myccount’ on reels and on regular feed posts. That CTA I think is hated by IG and reduces reach. I have had no negative feedback from taking out that.
I also weeks later, post a successful reel again – the same one, without the share to the feed and to the reels explore. Some go viral just from that.

4 Likes

if you get only one view, try posting two reels at the same time, on after the other. One to the feed and one without. See if there is indeed a block first. Sounds like it.

1 Like

Thank you guys I’ll test it out today and update you.

I post unique content to reels using hashtags I’m using for posts. I also turn on to post to feed but somehow isn’t working (I think it’s Instagram bug). I got 53k views. It’s better than 1k or only 1 view but still not satisfied at all.

1 Like