Is Hashtag Research still a thing?

I also firmly believe it has nothing to do with copy paste and whoever knows a bit from programming can confirm that. There’s is no possible way that the platform recognizes what I did before I hit enter.

Don’t worry about the copy/pasting, that’s not a factor when it comes to reach. Are you posting at the same time or has this varied?

I’d recommend isolating a few variables to try to narrow down what has been successful for you. Ex: times you’re posting, following cycles, type of content, hashtag mix, etc.

Instagram itself is also a factor. I’ve posted a new hashtag set and had what would be perceived as limited reach for about a week, then reach started to kick off strongly. There will always be reach cycles (ups and downs) that we don’t have visibility into, as well.

Nope. The only things that changed are typing out hashtags out one by one. And by extension posting hashtags 2 min after post (takes time to type them out). Only two variables.

Also, hashtag sets were ones I’ve used before

Trawling through a few posts here and i believe a few things are at play.

Instagram now pushes posts to your follower base and if the post receives good engagement it then starts to move it in the main view panels of the Hashtags that have been added to the post.

Also read somewhere that the need for rotating and inputting new hashtags are important because reusing the same ones will lead to phantom blocks and reduced internal follower distribution.

cant confirm yet if adding to caption or comment makes a difference. unless IG is keylogging i highly doubt that copy/ pasting or manually typing would make a diff, however will trial this all soon to see.

yes, use not many hashtags 3-7 (always new ) and PERTINENT to what there is inside the picture

Please stop reviving old/inactive threads unless you are in search of help.

2 Likes

Thank you! @Successboy is spamming to try to get to level 2, I think

sorry?
im here replying to people asking question, sharing my knowledge ( 6years i work with Instagram )
i dont think is spam , helping others…

Yeah, I don’t know. I stopped getting hashtag reach for 2 weeks so I spammed the Instagram help request all weekend and put hashtags in the caption this time and I have reach again. I‘m not sure what to think anymore.

Does anyone know if it is best to put the hashtags in the comments as soon as your post is published or to wait a couple of minutes? And if you add hashtags a couple hours or days later do you still get reach from them?

Did you report to Instagram about low reach, and they fixed it? That’s genious.

“How to grow Instagram 2020?”

• just ask.

Sometimes it really is that simple. It probably helps that I don’t use automation, though.

my feeling is hashtags is only bringing me followers which are doing F/UF :rofl:

1 Like

it’s been 2 weeks since I have reached very low hashtags, reaching 20 or 30, and about 2 days after I updated my app I stopped receiving hashtags reach and information about it. Is this happening to you too guys?

Hey guys I just posted a picture with only 5 hashtags and when I go to recents on my account I see my photo under the hashtags but if I go on one of my other accounts to view the hashtags, I don’t see my post. Is this a glitch or am I banned from hashtags (even though this is the first time I use hashtags in my post since like 2-3 years) ??

Or idk if it’s not showing because I follow my other account and already liked the photo? Idk what’s going on with IG

Did you post in caption or comment? Is it a single pic or carousel. We need more info. Also, you should view recent hashtags from an account that doesn’t follow you.

It is a carousel and I posted it in comments immediately after I posted.

Is there any hashtag reach showing now? Also, carousels are notorious for not giving hashtag reach, as I’m sure you already know. Sometimes I get reach on them, but it’s hit or miss

It was showing hashtag but now it’s showing as explore. My IG insights have been weird these past couple of days and I know a lot of other people have been having issues so it might just be some new update that IG is trying to do.

That definitely is true. I don’t think it’s related to hashtag reach because I still see posts from 10 hours ago making top post