Is it true: Explore page replaced by 'Reel only feed'? Updated text below

By ‘reel only feed’, I mean, there would be no combination of photos, reels, video posts etc. It would only single scroll of reel videos, just like TikTok. Is Instagram just checking this feature or they have launched it?
Update: Beta users can see their explore page button replaced by reels. Having said that, explore page button has NOT been removed. It has merely been displaced. It is on the home feed, top right hand corner, next to inbox button. (sorry to update late)

Is it a new update? from what I’ve seen there’s still a combination between Reels, image posts and videos post on my Explore page. After I click on Reels video displayed on my Explore page, i can swipe up/down to watch other Reels.

1 Like

No that’s not true yet, Reels take a lot of space (which is annoying) but if you scroll past the first reel the explore page is as it was before.

1 Like

still have the explore page with all it’s component but yeah i heard that some testing is coming for what you said.

1 Like

It seems that at the moment you are more likely to get on explore with a Reel, if you have the content for it

1 Like

Got the new update as well. Explore is gone and reels replaced it. It looks kinda like the for you page on TikTok. Explore is now on the top right where the search button is…

1 Like

Haven’t seen this happen on the explore page yet on one of my accounts.

However I do see how they replaced it.

On the home feed, once you “catch up for the day” you will see a button for “older [feed] posts” right under it. If you choose to continue scrolling down, there will be your “explore feed” experience as the home feed labelled as “suggested content.”

Took a screenshot since I was fascinated, will have to return later & edit this post to show it.

1 Like

I hope it’s not :smiley: I still don’t see Reels on my private explore feed at all. It would be too much to introduce something like this.

1 Like

just checked again and it seems i got the Reels on the beginning of the explore page then if i scroll I can see normal stuff

2 Likes

The similar thing like on FB where you can go to the tab where you can see only videos…

1 Like

Can you include the screenshot in your post? I’m curious to see how it looks like :slightly_smiling_face: thanks in advance!

1 Like

I can now confirm that it’s true. One of my accounts has received the new update. This is how the Reels page looks:

They moved the explore button to home feed next the inbox button. :grinning:

3 Likes