Limits for All Tools

Hi, I wanted to try and create a discussion about Instagram’s limits for other tools besides following, I’ve spent ages going through the forums to see what other people are doing as well as testing myself to work out a rough estimation of what is allowed by Instagram
Obviously, there’s more factors that will affect limits like proxy/age etc this was just supposed to be a rough guideline.

Following : 6000 follows per 30 days. Roughly 200/day. I’ve witnessed some do more per day, some do less. However the majority of people wanting to stick below 6000 per 30 days. Have seen some rumours that it’s more of a 4000-8000 limit per 30 days - no definitive confirmation for either yet.

Unfollowing : Seen reports of people doing 400 in a day, 700 in a day. Seems to be very hard to get action blocked for unfollowing - Strong belief for keeping it under 30 per hour. It’s clear there’s a lot of flexibility with unfollowing, I guess just do what you need do, but don’t do 1000 in a day just because you can, may as well play as safe as possible. I’m personally only doing about 250 a day to clear the follows from the follow tool.

Likes : Personally had fine experience around the 70/day mark as of July 2019. Before the follow blocks it was reported you could do 1.5x the number of follows. At 200 follows per day, you’d be looking at 300 likes a day. Seen one report of a user being able to do this. It seems awfully high in my opinion and I wasn’t looking to do over 100-150 a day, but this is where I’d need a response from you guys to see where you fall. I’m probably being quite cautious

Comments : Not a tool I use often, so can’t give my two cents much on it. Seen some users state they’re doing about 90/day. I think this could be just shy of a limit, although it still seems like an awful lot of comments, however with people like GaryVee advertising his $1.80 strategy, I think the limit could be nearer to 150 if scaled well and spin-syntaxed effectively. But as I said I haven’t used the tool much recently, this is just going off what other people have said.

DMs : Although not much discussion, I’ve seen one user state 100Dm’s per day. However the majority of other users claim this was a bit execessive and think a safer limit is around 30-60 per day. This averages out around 2-3Dms per hour when used with an 8hr nightshift. I think an adequate spin-syntax is also required.

Liking Comments : Similarly to DM’s and comments, not much discussion, one user reported 200 comments. Whereas another well respected member of the community stated that he was doing 110 per day and even thought that was a bit high. I feel between 75-100 could be a more conservative limit for those.

I run off 4G proxies just so people have a better understanding of where I’m coming from. If anyone else wants to state what limits they’re using, please could you add a little info of what proxy you’re using just so we can get a clearer picture. Please add what limits you’re currently using as it will help us get a better understanding of what could be potentially used.

8 Likes

Thank you for this great summary :slight_smile:

I had some accounts with more than 350 per day with no issues before the 4th June wave

I was doing up to 150/day with no issues now no more than 75 is good for me

It’s possible but not sustainable, I do recommend no more than 50, for some accs I do 60 but only to followers and connections!!

I useG & residentials

2 Likes

Thanks man, I think if a few more people replied in exactly the same way you have just done, I’d be very happy to compile the data and draw out some conclusions from it i.e average limits overall, average limits for those on 4G, average for those on DC etc.

1 Like

In my main account, if I do everything manually on my cell phone, I can do everything as I used to.
400-600 follow a day
500-700 likes per day
200-300 comments per day
And so far zero locks but as I write everything by hand.
I do not know about clients’ accounts, because I will not do it for free :slight_smile: I’m testing the same on account 2 now.

1 Like

I think everyone should post what has been currently working for them and state if it’s automated or manual:

Follow: 180/day max
Like: 250/day max
Story: 300/day max
Comment: don’t use (too spammy)
Dm: don’t use (also too spammy)

That’s pretty impressive numbers have you gone over “6000 follows in 30 days” yet?

Yes, this is the only account that can make such numbers.
I have not tried others
But this is different I will do 400 is the lock and after 24 hours I can again etc.
I have to try on the second one, but it is time-consuming.

@Arthuditu Have you been doing this manually though for at least 30 days since the June 4th block wave? In other words, I’d like to see in the next week or 2 if your account gets blocked because I did manual follows and unfollows and still got blocked.

1 Like

So far, I’ve been doing it for almost three weeks.
But I can not count the number I observed during these days, because once I did 400, once 600, 200 etc.
If they block me and do not forget, they will inform you immediately.

1 Like

you post 300 stories a day???

Every week seems to be new rules and limits.
Currently I am keeping the follows under 190 and the unfollows under 190 per day and I am still experiencing some blocks.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the blocks as I am using 4g mobile on EB with very conservative settings.

Follow/ unfollow
Following and unfollowing is count as the same actions. The daily limit is 200 a day. 10 follows and unfollows per hour would keep your account safe and saves your account from being suspended. Also, there is no limit on how many people can follow you.
Remember to start slow and then gradually increase the number of following and unfollowing week by week.

For example:
Week 1: 50 follow/unfollow per day
Week 2: 100 follow/unfollow per day
Week 3: 150 follow/unfollow per day
Make sure that you are not spamming Instagram.

The maximum number is 1000 a day. But it is not the same for all Instagram users. In order to keep your account safe and not locked out, you should be satisfied with less than 700 likes per day.

Comments
It is about 180 to 200 per day. Don’t post the same comment over and over. Instagram recognizes duplicate comments, and it would punish your account for what you did. And don’t leave emojis without text as a comment, they look like spam.

Direct messages
About 50 to 80 new conversations per day are the safe zone.
Note: If you are a new Instagram user, your total action limit is 500 a day. This includes Like, Comment, Follow, unfollow. Also, you can send 20 to 50 direct messages a day.
Now by knowing these limits, we are going to know what are the best ways to grow your followers on Instagram.

Hashtag
Choosing the right hashtag would capture people’s attention, and you’ll get more Likes and Followers. But don’t overuse them. You should use up to 30 hashtags per post.

IGTV
As you know, Instagram rolled out IGTV about a year ago which lets you share the video. You can create videos for up to 10 minutes, but some users can post up to one hour long videos.

Story
The story limitation is for users who share too many stories. You can add up to 100 stories.

Story highlight
Fortunately, there is no limit for story highlights.

Tag
If you are interested in tagging people, you should know that the maximum number is 20.

Mention
You can mention up to 10 Instagram users per post.
You may be worried that you are going to spend all day on Instagram for liking and commenting on and off until the account explodes! So that won’t work.
We have changed this configuration to avoid being blocked.
Using this tool

3 Likes

Manually I can get away with:
Follows: 300+ (haven’t tested more)
Unfollows: 300+ (spread out throughout the day though.

so say i have a fishing niche instagram page and i want to tag people by putting their username in the comments for example i have a slideshow/video that shows a special fishing bait i used and it shows the fish that were caught with this and i want to tag people in the comments… how many people maximum can i tag and how many an hour can i tag and per day

I would stick to around 50 comments with at most 4/5 tags in each comment. They can be quite strict with comment spam so I would try and stay safe.

Yes, comments and DMs are very strict. Your limits sound about right :+1:

2 Likes

Something I find very strange is I can add an account to Like Exchange and it can do 300-500 likes per day no problem. But if I try to do that myself in J you get blocks. What is the like exchange doing differently?