Losing fans this past week

I’ve gone back and deleted posts that no longer have sound, but there are no other flagged videos. It’s like a flip switched 2 weeks ago and I went from getting 1-3k views in an hour to now less than 100.

Do you think deleting multiple videos has anything to do with it? I’m just not sure what else it could be… I even did a test of reposting an old video that did really well, and it got significantly less views.

Thoughts? Really apprecaite the help!

Yeah it’s for deleting the videos, for sure. Just get back on a strict posting schedule and everything will come back soon enough. Let the algorithm trust you again

Ok thanks, will do. Do you think 1 post per day at the same time every day is the right way to go? Still trying to figure out my best posting time tbh

Yeah that’s good enough. The most important thing is to not miss a day and don’t delete videos.

awesome thanks a lot for the help! Will give it a try

1 Like

So I just wanted to give another update because ever since I posted this it has happened about 4 more times.
I started to notice a pattern with it…it would last for about a week and it seemed to be whenever there was an update with the app…idk if that’s just a coincidence or what. After about a week, it would go back to normal and be good for a week or two. Then go back to seeming like I was shadowbanned again. Ugh so frustrating… it is making it impossible to grow on the app. Currently, it is happening to me again, but this time lasting over 2 weeks…which is longer than it has been. I know oolongo said to keep posting daily, but it is frustrating when you are losing followers especially the more you post…and it’s the same content. I’m honestly just getting super frustrated with Tiktok because I spend so much time on my videos.

I created another account just to see what would happen and those videos from my new account get on the foryoupage and I’m gaining followers on that account. So… there has to be something wrong with my normal account. Analytics from my normal account of my last 4 videos show no foryoupage percentage (majority from following and some from personal profile), and I last posted a video 4 days ago.

I just wanted to give an update and rant a little haha…and put it out there to see if it is happening to anyone else.

1 Like

I smell some sort of ban. What is your content like? Anything borderline against the rules or anything like that?

Most likely, you just need to stay calm/patient. Play the long game.

1 Like

I don’t think its borderline, but maybe? …its an account of my cat and I usually tell him news or something and its of him reacting to it… the original viral video is of his eyes dilating to me telling him he’s adopted. haha
I have a lot of little kids following me…can my account be impacted if a few of them report me? Sometimes they overreact to videos and that has always been in the back of my mind possibly why I’m having issues is because of them reporting me.

That’s good advice, I will try to stay patient. Thanks!

What kind of news for example? corona?

hmm i think i did a corona video a long time ago probably in March when it all started to happen… maybe i should go back to that vid and put it on private?
other news is me telling him he needs to diet, or he has to go to the vet today, that hes taking a bath today…ect
other videos have been of him listening to commands or catching him in the act of doing something bad

not sure lol. Doubt it is the corona video. Do you ever fake “punish” him?

Hmm what do you exactly mean? I’m not really sure…I don’t think so…maybe said something dumb like he was going in time out or something haha

1 Like

It don’t matter if this happens.Keep the content attractive and unique of the video so that people join and follow your profile. Make a video on the trending topic.

1 Like

You are probably fine. Doing better yet?

Yes actually :joy: it went back to normal the day after I posted on here. lol

1 Like

lollll good work man

1 Like

Yeah I was able to hit 500k last week! :grin:

Now that my account is back to normal, I don’t actually have a video going viral or anything right now, but I’m still gaining some followers, and not losing any.
Do you have any idea why I would lose followers when my account is not normal and seems like its banned?

Anyone able to verify if Tiktok has been clearing accounts away?

1 Like