Manually unfollowing IG users that didn't follow back

how do,

Hopefully someone can help me solve this:

I’ve been growing 2 accounts using Jarvee on a VPS, going through a 4G proxy. I’ve been getting too many temp blocks (using very non agressive settings, being careful etc) that I’ve decided to grow these 2 accounts manually for now.

What I need to be able to do, is to create a list of users that didn’t follow me back - I can then just go onto the IG app on a phone and unfollow the users from there, reading the users that didn’t follow back from the list I created.

I can get the list of followers / unfollowers by using the scrape tool in Jarvee, just don’t know how to then filter out all the data except for the ones that didn’t follow back.

Does anyone know a neat way to create the list of users that didn’t follow back?

Much appreciated!

Ramsay

p.s. I have looked on here prior to creating a new topic and clogging up the system, couldn’t find the solution…

1. Scrape the list of followers for the account (List A)
  2. Scrape the list of followings on the account (List B)
  3. Do a list match (several free websites) that can produce a new list of names that are on both lists. (List C)
  4. Take List C and List B and do a comparison this time showing names that are not on both lists (List D)

List D is your list of people not following you

For reference. A site like http://www.listdiff.com/ would probably work

2 Likes

@Tacos
I have a question for you reagrding this matter. When scraping the follower and followings of an account with JV or any other given tool, and let’s say the amount of following and follower is high, wouldn’t that get you blocked? I am thinking of a very high amount of api calls?

I know some would say, this can be done with slave accounts, or accounts you can effort loosing. But my question is more based on blocks due to api calls.

magic, thank you!

much appreciated

:beers:

I’m not a programmer, but I feel like this could be a really easy task for someone here to create a simple website where you just import the two csv files and generate the list of accounts to unfollow :thinking:

1 Like

Probably but my solutions was an out of the box one that isn’t reliant on someone writing and maintaining a site to do that. But in theory it’d be a very very simple project. I could do it if I wasn’t so lazy in probably about 15m :smiley:

Jarvee doesn’t do the scrapings with the account you’re running the tool from, it runs api calls from all the accounts in your installation (or those with the designated tags if you’re using that particular option). So while some accounts might get temp. api blocked it should power through the entire thing if you have enough scraper accounts available to handle the load. I’ve been able to successfully scrape accounts with about 300,000 followers on about 50 redundant scrapers.

3 Likes

Oh I know it, I’ve done it that way before as well and always thought about looking up a few PHP functions to import files, pull the correct csv lines into an array, run the compare and generate the differences and out the display… just to save time in the long run… but limited knowledge and interest has always stopped me :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you brother @Tacos
I appreciate your explanation. :pray:

Try an app called cleaner it still works. Be careful though as i got a hard block last night (1 week) for doing manual follow, likes and comments

1 Like

@Ben_Corry thanks - I’m a bit wary about using 3rd party apps at the moment, what with IG’s repressive algorithmic rules of present.

In the end, thanks to @Tacos pointing me in the right direction and providing an off the shelf solution, I did the following:

1. Scrape the list of followers for the account (List A)
  2. Scrape the list of followings on the account (List B)
  3. Do a list match that can produce a new list of names that are on both
    lists. (List C) I used the free services of this site to do the comparisons :

http://www.molbiotools.com/listcompare.html - (who knew I’d be using venn diagrams again 33 years after getting kicked out of school)!

1. Take List C and List B and do a comparison (this time showing names that are not on both
    lists (List D)
  2. List D is your list of people not following you
  3. I then sorted List D into alphabetic order and started manually unfollowing all the users on List
    D.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this, it’s made things a lot easier for me.

:beers:

1 Like

Have you gotten any hard blocks from manuel follow un follow? I tried using cleaner to unfollow some people and i’m completly locked out of my account right now. Keep getting this message
{“message”: “Please wait a few minutes before you try again.”, “status”: “fail”}

I believe you can do this on Excel/Numbers as well. Or a rudimental C script that matches content from two arrays!

I suspect IG detected that you logged into your IG account via a 3rd party piece of s/w (cleaner) - no hard blocks yet for me so far doing manual unfollowing (much quicker than using Jarvee) saying that I only started unfollowing yesterday, I’m doing about 50 UF’s in a session, then do a few other things (like posts/post an image/click on a few adds/spend £5 on running a promo then pause it so that IG can see I have money there ready to give to them when I resume the promo which hopefully makes IG pause before shadowbanning me etc)