Mass emailing thousands per day? How?

Dimitri you know about this stuff! hit me up on skype when ever you get around to it, Thanks bro!

2 Likes

Thanks @dimitri for the tip

a “How to” guide would be awesome :slight_smile: I really need to learn how to set this up, Mailchimp is costing me a fortune :confused:

A guide for Mautic?

Mautic with Amazon SeS yes please.

1 Like

Mailchimp is one of the cheapest email services out there but any “spam” should be sent with an smtp service.

1 Like

I will make one! I will also document getting an account for Amazon SES. I heard from several people that they were rejected without any (known) reason.

5 Likes

Awesome cant wait !

In my experience, Amazon SES setup becomes infinitely faster if you have a domain verified and you set up DKIM on it. In the 4-5 times that I’ve used SES, this factor was the sole difference between being verified/not being verified.

Once it’s set up, keeping it activated is a whole different ball game, especially with second hand lists or scrapes. I think they look for <5% bounce rate? And a whole buttload of other requirements.

1 Like

I don’t know much about Mautic, But how about sending Emails with Massplanner+Amazon SES ? Is the Build in function for sending mails not good eneugh to use it for Email-Marketing?

1 Like

Mautic has many options. You can for example use plugins in Wordpress to collect email adresses. You know… These popus on websites asking you for your email. Or plugings with a teaser to collect adresses. Adresses will be added automatically to Mautic. After that Mautic will send the pdf. You can make all kind of conditions. Make differences in next emails based on if someone read the email or not etc. You can send emails after they visited a specific page on your website. These are all things Massplanner cannot do.

3 Likes

Sorry mate, starting today that is no longer true. GDPR changed that. Know all cold emails are ilegal in Europe.

Don’t know how realistic it is that they will inforce the new regulation though mostly if the one company is in the US or not in the EU.

1 Like

Only to personal accounts

Emails to sales@company.com

Info@ ect are still allowed

Assuming all of these E-Mail addresses have been scraped from Instagram business accounts - would that also constitute as a business to business enquiry, seeing how all of those accounts on Instagram are marked as businesses?

1 Like

Well your all in the gray zone. To put it simply we are not allowed to send un solicited information. It doesn’t matter if it’s a person or a business, but if you are the one soliciting information and manage to turn the conversation around?
Basically if you ask enough questions the person is going to get curious and ask you for some information. Again though you can only send them the information they asked for, not a nothing more.
Also you have to save that conversation in case a controller wants you to prove you did not send him unsolicited information. At this point the only way that this can happen is if someone registers a complain, which takes maybe 20min.
Oh and in case you get them to agree to get constant information like a “newsletter” it has to be essay for them to opt out.

2 Likes