[MAYBE] Instagram is Hiding Followers now as well as likes? 'New feature' being tested

I was browsing my daily feed and came across this Mirror article…

Hiding likes was a hot topic and officially announced by Instagram devs.

Do you think they plan on testing to hide followers/followings too? What would that mean for the future of the app?

Or maybe its just another glitch and Mirror is just fishing for attention grabbing headlines?

Source below:

Seems like a fake, I don’t think they are going to take such measures.
A lot of users on Instagram is driven by the desire to achieve something, achieve the number of followers, to create the content to get known, so I don`t really think it could be true @BruceSilduk

It’s an article with unconfirmed sources…just a reference to a random person who most likely tweeted an altered image of his account for the attention.

I wouldn’t take this seriously at all at the moment.

2 Likes

I hope so. Would be annoying. But Mirror is not a complete garbage place, hence why I wanted to share and see what y’all think. @MojoJojo thanks for the correction :smiley:

1 Like

Well, that’s the source history…

2 Likes

I’m not defending them, but in UK it’s a recognised name

Anyway, that’s not the point. The point is I thought it was an interesting thing to share as it definitely got my attention. If you don’t like it, don’t read it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. :slightly_smiling_face:
Don’t take it as attack Bruce, it isn’t.
Nowadays pretty much every Magazine/NewsPaper it’s clickbait.

Back on topic, I doubt they’ll implement this.
Celebrities love to brag and show themselves as superior with their vanity metrics.

1 Like

Thanks for being cool about it. :slight_smile: I do think it’s a clickbait title and it worked on me :smiley: But I agree, I think it wouldn’t happen too. Would be crappy for many people.

Although Instagram seem to be making some major changes lately. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me - I’m new at this very actively :smiley: But it almost got me finished before I started with all those PV loops :smiley:

1 account still on the loop, day 17 today if it happens (15 days out of mp). When that stops, I will have it finally solved :smiley: Seen long follow blocks and 7 day posting blocks as well. Wonder what’s next.

Is Mirror the same as Daily Mirror? :thinking:

If they take away the follower count, then it will really be the end of Instagram. Numbers are a powerful thing, and if they are removed, then people will go elsewhere.

1 Like

Yep.

Would be interesting though, surely something new and exciting would come around :smiley:

1 Like

A lot of testing in sight! Then we must not forget that it is psychologists and neurologists who work on these concepts, so there are certainly things to exploit in these updates.

1 Like