Monitoring topics/mentions/keywords online for profit (and to catch dem thieves) 🕵

There are few things in this online world that pisses me off more than when someones well thought out content, hard work and time is stolen. :rage:

I’m referring to what just happened to Brandon in this thread

It’s general douche-baggery like that (and whatever piece of shit that took it is on this forum) turns people sour of putting up content/helpful info to help the community. Scumbags gonna scumbag…

Now I know Brandon can’t help himself. He will be sharing and assisting at a furious pace and I’m sure this won’t limit his output<I swear that dude is tryin’ to get into heaven>.

But there are a few things that can be done to keep an eye out for thieving fucktards.

A Couple of Tools for Watching the Watchers

Now these tools are generally used for watching content and topics for keywords or brand mentions but you can use them for monitoring whatever. A lot of you probably know about them but maybe a few of you don’t.

They’re not perfect. They have quirks but it’s a little something.

Google Alerts

Here you basically put any term (words/sentences) in that you want in there and Google will keep an eye on it and send you an email when it pops up. This works pretty well (I still get alerts about old girlfriends from long ago…<don’t ask>)

Brand Mentions

This one is a tool where they say "Find every relevant mention about anyone or anything in a heartbeat. Pop your term, keyword, name, or whatever in there and let her rip and email you when things pop up.

Visualping.io

A little different than the other two where this tool is one where you monitor a webpage for any changes. You’ll get an email whenever anything changes on that particular page. Useful for gathering intel. :wink:

Like I said they aren’t perfect. They’re good for finding topics, ideas, spying and you can think of other creative ways to use them.

Hey I know it’s a free-for-all online (I’ve been guilty myself). But there’s a big difference between reposting etc…and stealing someones long form content outright.

Have Fun!

:+1:

9 Likes

Haha! Great topic @Fonzie it deserves its own spot :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words, and for having my back, as well as others.

I really appreciate what you have done, and that you have created this topic to educate others to keep an eye out.

Keep Up The Great Work Mr @Fonzie

1 Like

Nice list, if I could add, copyscape might have something better, i think they have a service that monitors your site and if other pages appear with your content they let you know. Not sure though as I haven’t used it and it might be limited in how many pages you can monitor…

1 Like

Yes, they do.

For free, you can paste any URL & find sites that have duplicate content.

Copysentry will monitor your site & alert you to any plagiarism.

If you have grammarly, it can find your duplicate content on internet. I didn’t sure grammarly have own plagiarism checker or they use third party services with copyscape. However, it working good.