My first $ from TikTok Live

I just finished live streaming on TikTok, and only received 2 sun creams (50 coins each), and a few pandas (5 coins each), which in total makes around $25. TikTok retains 50%, so it’s around $12.5, which is still a very good start. As far as I know, we can only withdraw it once the balance hits $100, but I’m still very happy with it.

Do you earn from live streaming, and if so, how much have you made?

6 Likes

I make some money from going live from time to time. The thing I’ve realized though is how livestreaming makes your audience far more engaged. Same with IG. Rather than just having followers, I now have ‘fans’ that I know by name. TikTok seems to be pushing live more and more. I noticed on the ‘following’ tab, they now show live creators right at the top. I think it won’t be long before there is a ‘live’ tab. I would like that both as a creator and a user.

1 Like

I can’t wait for my country to release the live option. It should be somewhere in 2020 though.

1 Like

I was surprised to find out that it’s not available worldwide yet. Hopefully soon!

Each country has apparently its own management system. TikTok probably has a reason for that.
Maybe because the app did not grow at the same pace everywhere.

1 Like

Yeah, makes sense.

What are we supposed to do during an Instagram or TikTok live? I guess I just don’t get it, because it’s not something that I personally would be interested in I guess :rofl:

I personally answer questions related to my niche, do sponsored giveaways, etc. It’s been my main source of income on Instagram for 3 years now.

I have developed a weird phobia of YouTube and posting videos there, so it’s way easier for me to answer questions with a live stream on IG or TikTok.

1 Like

im no expert on tiktok, but wouldnt it be better to aim for small partnerships with brands, rather than trying to monetize this way?

I do that on Instagram. I mainly joined TikTok for entertainment, not business. You can’t stop people from sending you gifts though.

1 Like

that sounds great @Nik, is there any advice that you can share with us about your experience?

1 Like

I don’t use any bots, spammy methods, or programs to gain followers. Simply grow an audience interested in you and your content, and they will watch your live streams. That’s what works for me.

2 Likes

authentic content, got it :+1:

1 Like