I just recently branched out from managing my own accounts to other people’s. I was given one account, a Start-up, over a month ago and they’re quite pleased with it. But I started taking over a local nightclub’s three days ago and they’re already crazy frustrated desperate for results. To keep this client happy I need to get results QUICK. I’d like some tips on strategies and maybe some people might learn from the ones I already started.
Some Basic Info
Average engagement before I started: 30 to 50 likes per post, around 2 to 6 comments
Number of posts: Over three thousand
Average story views: Over a thousand
The club itself relies on live performances, usually country music, sometimes rap artists (weird mix right, here in Brazil they make it work haha). They glorify booze and party culture and is ok with some slight misogyny.
I honestly don’t think they bought followers, the account has been around for years and the place is pretty popular. I think they just have been abusing the account for a long time. They would post around 5 times a day and all low quality material, “flyers” filled with text, the same type of stuff they distribute on the street.
I immediately stopped posts and started again only once a day (which made them kind of crazy) and stopped using the shitty adobe illustrator type stuff they were putting on. The first post was simply two attractive women posing at the nightclub plus a contest in the caption requiring people to like the post to participate, it went up to 350 likes. The post the next day was an artist playing that week, no contest in the caption. Its around 250 likes and I posted it around ten hours ago.
Besides these immediate actions I:
- Started deleting old posts but with so many posts its gonna be a while;
- Turned “OFF” automatically promoting the ads of the Facebook page on Instagram
- Bought a shoutout from an 100k account story (paltry results)
- Responded every old Direct that was neglected (besides Spam)
- Liked new comments, interacted some with the community
- Posted stories divulging the events and the contests
- Used another feed of mine to funnel likes to this one
In addition I will begin the following actions:
- A contest for women where they can be “the face of the account” and gain free entrance to the club plus free drinks, the rules being they have to tag our account in stories and posts with a specific hashtag
- Start buying shoutouts from local social influencers
- Start incorporating humor by having a “meme day” (thinking about calling it “hang-over day”, this nightclub glorifies drinking). On Facebook last year they posted a meme which went viral on Facebook (66k likes) and in Brazil meme accounts do crazy well.
- Go to the club three times a week to photograph with a semi-professional camera and do live broadcasts. With the pictures I take of people I plan to tag everyone in each high quality picture I post (mainly stories) and send those pictures to them so that they post in their own stories and feeds, tagging the club. I have a pet project inspired by Humans of NY where I do this and the strategy has been pretty successful (I actually was given these accounts to take care of after showing my feed to a marketer).
What I am considering but leaning against:
- Using Likegrowers to automatize liking. I’ve been getting slower returns from using the platform and I’m paranoid Instagram will recognize automation and penalize me ot delete my account entirely.
So these are pretty much the strategies I’ve been and will be adopting but the pressure is crazy high and even though on my second day engagement already boosted way past their average i’m concerned this won’t be enough.
So my question is what you guys would do with an account like this and with such urgent demand? Take into account that they provide with you a pretty hefty budget (say a thousand dollars for promotion). How would you spend this much cash to maximize your efforts without using Instagram promotion which doesn’t do much of anything for the actual feed and also taking in mind that not only does the account need to be really successful but it needs to convert into more club goers and more alcohol sales? Thanks to everyone who read this far!