Need Help on Twitter Call Verification

I wonder if there is any solution to this problem.

A long time ago, I put a US virtual number from Getsmscode in one of my Twitter accounts to verify it via SMS, but I forgot to remove it after I used the number.

Now, Twitter is asking for a call verification and because the US virtual number is still there, Twitter can only call that number. But this time it’s not a SMS verification, but call verification, whereas Getsmscode only provides SMS verification.

Is there any solution to this problem?

1 Like

I had this issue with Twitter accounts that had my local phone number from Costa Rica still attached to them. As long as you know the number that’s on the account, I’m pretty sure you can just do a password reset and then remove the number. No?

It’s been two years but I think that was how I solved it. It really sucked because the Costa Rican number had the same last digits as my US number.

I’ve tried resetting my password, but it still asks me for call verification after I changed my password to the new one.

1 Like

I contacted Twitter support and the problem has now been resolved. I must admit that they’re quite fast in responding and fixing the problem.

1 Like

Since this might happen to others or at least be useful, do you mind outlining what you had to go through in the process in order to get the account back?

First, I contacted them via this form: https://help.twitter.com/forms/general?subtopic=suspended. In the description of the problem I told them that the number in my Twitter account is my old number, I forgot to change it, I don’t use it anymore and I don’t have access to it. I asked them is there any other way to confirm my account without my old number.

Then, they replied to me with what seems to be an automated message:

Hello,

Your account appears to have exhibited automated behavior that violates the Twitter Rules: https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311.

In order to continue safely using Twitter, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account on the web or open your Twitter app (iOS or Android).
  2. You’ll see a prompt letting you know your account has been locked. Click or tap “Start”.
  3. Select your country/region from the drop down menu, and then enter your phone number.
  4. Click “Send code” and Twitter will send you a text message with a confirmation code (note that your standard message rates may apply).
  5. Enter the code you received in the “Your code” box and click “Submit”.
  6. You will see a confirmation message that your account is now unlocked.

Once you confirm your identity, it may take up to a few minutes for your account to be unlocked.

If you’re still experiencing an issue after confirming your identity, please reply to this message and provide us with specific details of the problem you’re experiencing. We’ll do our best to help!

Thanks,

Twitter Support

Then, I replied to that automated message, saying:

I can’t follow the steps you told me because your system didn’t allow me to change my number. The number in my Twitter account is my old number. I forgot to change it, but I don’t use it and I don’t have access to it anymore. So, could you please provide me a solution to confirm my account without using my old number?

After about 6 or 7 hours, my account was unlocked and they sent me an email saying:

Hello,

Your account is now unlocked, and we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitter has automated systems that find and remove automated spam accounts and it looks like your account got caught up in one of these spam groups by mistake. This sometimes happens when an account exhibits automated behavior in violation of the Twitter Rules (https://twitter.com/rules).

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Please do not respond to this email as replies will not be monitored.

Thanks,

Twitter Support

That’s all what I did. Hearing that big social media like Twitter or Facebook tend to ignore complaints, maybe I was just lucky, lol. But I’m glad I could recover my account.

3 Likes

You were lucky, mine is three days old now.

I think there is a chancy aspect to this. I’m sorry, I can’t help you. I think the lesson here is not to depend on just 1 Twitter account, but use multiple accounts. Or use various types of social media accounts (Twitter, IG, Pinterest, etc.).

1 Like

If they lock your account, you can’t delete that account. You can create a new account by using a different Twitter handle and email address.

As far as I know, there is no way for you to delete your account without logging in. You can try asking Twitter support to delete your account, but whether your account will be deleted or not depends on them.

is there any website which can provide virtual number that can give sms and voice both?