Need some help understanding hashtag concept

Doing what you are doing to get this answered will eventually get you banned, not give you an answer.

I’ve been trying to extract it from you quite some time now: what exactly is your question?

What do you want to test, know, analylize? Pretend you are talking to a 4th grader and break it down for me. Give me an example. Help me understand.

4 Likes

ok lets say i use the hashtag #cats in one of my posts

would there be a way to see how many people actually used that hashtag to find my post and like it or follow me

FOR THE BIG PICTURE

is there a way to see what hashtags had the most likes/follows on a certain post

“but i thought there was a way to actually look at how many followerrs or likes you got from a certain hashtag”

I do not believe that IG gives this info. Likes are given to a post, not to a hashtag.

ok so basically i should just use hashtags that i believe i could rank for

like if i get 200 avg likes per post

then i use hashtags that have top posts in that range

and when i get bigger i can obviously keep increasing that 200avg like per posts to higher liked hashtags

1 Like

This can of course happen with 1 post already.

Yo have 100 likes from followers.
You rank well for a hashtag requiring 100 likes.
Because you rank well for this hashtag you will get 400 likes with your hashtag.
100 likes from followers + 400 likes for hashtag #1 = 500 likes.
And this gives you the chance to rank for the second hashtag in your post as well.
Which can give you even more likes to rank for hashtag #3. etc etc.

It is like climbing stairs.

2 Likes

is this the strategy you use

No. This is what I think I understood after reading here for weeks. Next week I am going to make posts and hashtags. Maybe after that I can talk about my own experiences.

wow ok thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not what you believe, it’s about how you to get research. It will came by a couple of test by posting picture with different hashtag. :blush:

1 Like

thanks bro i really apreciate it

1 Like

The best thing I can tell you, use hashtags that fits to your photo. IG can see if there is a dog on your photo, so they will give you more reach if you use #dog or #dogs as a hashtag

What other way is there?

1 Like

Comment something that fits to all your account. For example you do business and then you comment #business but on the photo is only you and a palm tree. Best regards

Thanks for the info ! I’ve been trying to use more effective hashtags for a post and got my photo featured on many of the tags!

Now my question
Can two of my photos be “top post” on one hashtag?
I noticed my second post never made it to top post and other people who has less engagement got on there ? Thoughts ?

I have 1 account with 2 posts in the top posts for 1 hashtag. So it is possible…

1 Like

SO the strategy you are talking about is basically what Brandon Brenner preaches? Or has something changes? I noticed my engagement rate is way down even using this strategy. :confused:

Can you explain this a bit further? How did your post get more engagement?