Need some help understanding hashtag concept

When you use all 3 types of hashtags, your pictures will first start getting some extra exposure from the Recent Posts under Less Popular Hashtags. This will get your pictures some extra likes, and comments, along with some new followers. Now that your picture has received some more engagement, your pictures will then have a higher chance of getting into the Top Post Section under the Less Popular & Semi-Banned hashtags . This will further increase your exposure. Now that your picture is in the Semi-Banned Top Post Section, your going to receive even more engagement. This should be enough to get your picture to appear under the Top Post section of the Less Popular Hashtags (If its not already). Now that your picture are in the Top Post Section of Less Popular & Semi-Banned hashtags categorie. They will continue to keep getting more engagement for at least a few hours. Now this is the fun part. Every now and then your pictures will end up in the Top Post Sections of the Popular Hashtags. This is when you see your account growing thousands of followers in a day if not sooner. Each category of hashtag has its own purpose. When you let them work as a team, your growth will skyrocket.

thats what brandon berner said

what does he mean by less popular and more popular
what range or numbers would the less popular hashtags have vs the more popular

FOR EXAMPLE
50k-100k
1m-2m

2 Likes

This is based on YOUR niche and YOUR account.

For example, your account receives 200 likes per post, on average.

A less popular hashtags will require 100 - 150 likes at minimum to rank in the top section. A more popular hashtag will require 500 - 1000 min likes for example.

This kind of also answers your second question.

Long story short, popularity of hashtags is based on your niche and and account. Also, try to base it on likes, not on amounts of posts as that is not a good indication.

7 Likes

Less popular = less posts under that hashtag. It means people don’t use it in their posts often.
High popular= more posts under that hashtags - they use it often.[quote=“totaltechdude, post:1, topic:19739”]
hat range or numbers would the less popular hashtags have vs the more popular
[/quote]

This depends on your niche. Some niches aren’t so popular on IG so their most popular hashtags will have just couple of thousands posts.

3 Likes

TotalTech look at the post I did on the OnePlus5 with the custom art (paint splash). That post managed to hit top posts for 3 different hashtags (#phoneart (71K), #specifications(4k) and one other one in the 50k range therefore it got double the amount of likes as all my other posts).

1 Like

I refuse to understand why people base “popularity” on the total number of posts in the hashtag. Other than how many posts are there, this number really means nothing.

It is all relative to YOUR account.

• You can get a lot more likes from a hashtag that has 100,000 total posts, than a hashtag with 500,000 total posts
  • Not all likes are the same - a like from a more targeted hashtag is worth a lot more than a popular hashtag that gets followed by random people
  • Likes on their own mean very little if they don’t lead to followers
  • Followers on their own mean nothing if they don’t lead to $$

Popularity of hashtags means ZERO.

Enter an EG, buy the likes, rank for a “popular” hashtag and nothing will change. You might feel good about it, you might show your friends, but you won’t be able to pay rent with it.

Test, test, test and find the hashtags that work for your account.

11 Likes

Yep. Keep testing things until you find what works for you. Each account is different and what worked for someone else may not work for you and vice versa.

Is there a way to see some stats on how well hashtags are doing?

1 Like

Not unless you are willing to fork out some $$. Some of the commercial tools offer hashtag analytics but it is pricey.

1 Like

so how are we supposed to “test” then

how do you do this without a tool?

its basically guessing right?

Not sure what you are trying to get.

Btw, if you need to grab someone’s attention, quote their reply or there is no notification.

ok so how are we supposed to do this then

What information are you trying to obtain? What is “this”?

1 Like

how are we supposed to analyze how well or how poor hashtags are doing

In terms of what?

I really don’t get what you are trying to analyze. Break it down for me and I’ll do my best to try to answer your question.

1 Like

do you want to find out which hashtags to use in your posts ?

exactly

but i dont know how to know which hashtag is doing well

i just thought there was a way for me to find which hashtags to use in my post

above you said testing but i dont know how i can test whenever there is no data to look at

I am not so good with hashtags myself. I am also new here… And till now mainly concentrating on making accounts.

From what I understood;

You have your account, and probably you have some idea about hashtags related to your account. You also know how much likes you usually get from own followers when posting something. Let’s say you receive usually 100 likes.

If you look at Instagram at hashtags you can see how much posts there are for a hashtag. You can also try to guess how much likes you need to rank well.

Maybe you found a hashtag, and saw that you need 500 likes to rank. It will not work of course. Because you never get more than 100 from your followers.

Maybe you can find a hashtag where you need only 100 likes to rank. So that is the hashtag you are going to use. And maybe in your post you can also include the hashtag which requires 500 likes. If you rank for the first hashtag, maybe you will get 500 likes, and also start to rank for the second hashtag, giving you even more likes.

And to others; Feel free to correct me :wink: @MojoJojo is my explanation right ?

1 Like

also MojoJojo im sorry for making another thread i would just like this to be answered :slight_smile: its been like a week im sorry for getting on your nerves

From what I understood;

You have your account, and probably you have some idea about hashtags related to your account. You also know how much likes you usually get from own followers when posting something. Let’s say you receive usually 100 likes.

If you look at Instagram at hashtags you can see how much posts there are for a hashtag. You can also try to guess how much likes you need to rank good.

Maybe you found a hashtag, and saw that you need 500 likes to rank. It will not work ofcourse. Because you never get more than 100 from your followers.

Maybe you can find a hashtag where you need only 100 likes to rank. So that is the hashtag you are going to use. And maybe in your post you can also include the hashtag which requires 500 likes. If you rank for the first hashtag, maybe you will get 500 likes, and also start to rank for the second hashtag, giving you even more likes.

And to others; Feel free to correct me :wink:

thats exactly what i wanted to hear

but i thought there was a way to actually look at how many followerrs or likes you got from a certain hashtag