Just saw this on Twitter.
Adam Mosseri (Head of Instagram) posted this:
What is your Guess? in a couple of Hours it will be live.
- Something to steal Clubhouse and add it as a Feature in Instagram
- Something actually nobody asked for
What I think it will not be (but people want it to be):
- Hyperlinks in Posts (Spam potential would be too high)
- Swipe Up under 10K Followers (Spam potential would be too high)
- Chronological Timeline (Would be against Instagrams biggest Goal - Retention Time to sell more Ads)
What are your thoughts?
You probably guessed right : something to steal to some other app’s
It has apprently “been requested” for a while now. Let’s see
That Clubhouse bet seems good, but I can’t see how they would reconcile it with the image-heavy focus that is Instagram.
I can imagine it being some metric or background thing that won’t affect the overall usability and flow of the app for most normal users.
So they try to stay ahead from CH I guess
To be fair, that could be quite useful for some. I know I’ll probably use it for my Live broadcasts.
I don’t know if it’s quite as big as they want it to be though