New Instagram Insights 👀

This is so weird. I posted a photo with 30 hashtags and I got around 600 likes (I have 3.3k followers). However, my insights say that I got only 34 likes from the hashtags… is that even possible? The majority of my likes came from Home, and small parts from Other and Explore. The smallest part from the hashtags. Am I being shadow banned or what does this mean?

1 Like

This just shows some of the inefficiencies of hashtags. For someone to find you through hashtags that means they have to search that hashtag which many people just don’t do outright unless they see it somewhere and click it (this is an assumption based on my own habits and others i know habits). With that being said, #dog or #smalldog are going to have much higher traffic than something like #shediditherway. It all depends on what hashtags you are using, and are you making it in the Top 9 posts of those hashtags. If your using small hashtags and not ranking in Top 9 posts I don’t think those numbers sound crazy low at all.

6 Likes

How would you know that reach is lowered if you can’t see reach on a non-business account?

1 Like

switch to business account

Even if you do this, you won’t have data from before you switched, so it’s impossible to measure the change

1 Like

In regards to hashtags and insights I’ve discovered that if you end up ranking well enough to show up on the home page of people following a hashtag, then your ranking in these metrics will be analyzed by insights under “home” instead of “hashtags”. Just something to keep in mind that may skew your thoughts on how well your hashtags are performing.

4 Likes

That’s actually good to know. So its still possible to gain new followers if you’re lucky enough to show up in their feed for the hashtag that they follow. But I wonder if following hashtags is a feature that will become more popular? I don’t know a lot of people who use it.

1 Like

it just came out. it will be popular

1 Like

I’ve shown up in a hashtag pretty regularly with 1.8 million posts. A hashtag that I feel is very easy for people to intuitively think “Oh ya, that’s something narrow enough yet still interesting enough that I’d like to follow” (so its a good hashtag in my opinion that should be about as active as you can get at this total post range). I couldn’t even begin to guesstimate the additional reach I’m receiving from this hashtag though on people’s home page. With that being said, I also got my story to be featured in the story section of that hashtag. Within 12 hours I’ve had 25 people view it from the story section of that hashtag. So that reach still is pretty small for a hashtag that is fairly large. However, I have noticed that my posts that show up for that hashtag on the home page, I’ve gotten about double the Profile Visits and Follows compared to posts that don’t show up in the hashtag to those followers. Hope this insight helps a little bit.

1 Like

please i need help, is there a way i can track my most active followers in the span on one week for example i.e. the followers that like and comment the most .

here you go @didagou

1 Like

does this work for instagram too?

Yes that’s why I recommended it for u

thanks a lot , i really appreciate

I’ve noticed on my Instagrams Insights that I NEVER have Explorer and Hashtags together under one photo. It’s either one or the other.

It usually first displays how many impressions I have through hashtags, and in few instances, the Hashtags gets replaced with Explorer. The numbers remain the same, but the “title” changes to Explorer.

Has anyone noticed this? Any thoughts?