Newest Banned hashtags for August 2017

I would not recommend using these for any reason, unless you like being shadow banned.

#dogsofinstagram
#boho
#costumes
#tanlines
#humpday
#tgif
#brain
#saltwater
#petitie
#curvy
#singlelife
#thebaligroom
#elevator
#astreetphoto
#books
#meme
#newyears
#todayimwearing
#snapchat
#skype
#sallyhansen
#shesquats
#pushups
#easter
#curvy
#kindredparents
#dedicationstudio
#hairychest
#ineedhelplol

5 Likes

“#ineedhelplol” :joy:

3 Likes

This gave me an idea. Posted in LVL3 :grinning:

3 Likes

Why do they ban these hashtags?

3 Likes

Oh goodness, the anticipation :laughing:

Sometimes if there are enough flags on a certain tag, be it abuse or posts against TOS, Instagram temporarily shuts it down until it is resolved. Anyone who attempts to use these “broken” tags, are shadowbanned.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the explanation.

I’m still a bit confused because I have searched up a couple of these hashtags on IG and they are still populating results?

Welcome.

Yeah some of them can still technically be used, but IG will limit its exposure and not allow others to see it. Kinda how when shadow banned, your followers are the only ones able to see your content.

3 Likes

Thanks again, Jay.

1 Like

But why? :slight_smile:

Damn IG.

1 Like

If you’re cooking the books, thats basically the same thing as cooking meth, which means you’re Walter White, you criminal scum. BANNED HASHTAG LOGIC

4 Likes

These banned hashtags are getting out if control

1 Like

Anytime buddy :hugs:

I’m tempted to make a post using all of them, and see if I can include everything they describe in one photo.

A dog wearing a boho costume standing by the ocean next to a tanned yet petite curvy girl doing pushups and shesquats on humpday while snapchatting and skyping about easter meme books, the day before newyears… ok I can’t do this anymore ineedhelplol.

8 Likes

Just spotchecking a few of the mentioned ones. What is your criteria to call a hashtag banned?

Some are, some aren’t, according to my understanding of “banned hashtags”

Possibly a combo of certain tags with each other ?
#dogsofinstagram #exwife as a example …no ?

1 Like

To be honest I was in a rush to get somewhere and found the list while looking for like blocks for “normal” Instagram users.

I was going to go through them myself when I got home, however it’s nice to see some action on a thread for a change.

I found the list from a hootesuite adspresso blog (quality I know), you can find it here.

**https://plannthat.com/banned-hashtags-instagram-2017/

5 Likes

LOL, next time I won’t hit send.

#thebaligroom - has only 10 total pics anyhow.
#boho - lol wtf

I literally posted trash. @Adnan and @Johnny, how many junk posts does it take to get demoted back to level 1?

3 Likes

Why are they banned?
I don’t understand.

I have not gone through all of them, but I think most of them are not banned. I posted this in a hurry and didn’t take the time to go through them. If you read the article, it’s trash.