Observation: Follower purge

they ask open ended questions on the comments so they can get into a convo – the bigger ones hire people to just handle comment chats

1 Like

That’s true. But also the reach must be incredible to have 20% engagement. Unless almost everyone who is seeing the post is liking it

1 Like

I wish Instagram would give people the option if they want people to see their likes or not (an option to hide likes) That way the creators will be happy because they can choose to still show them and people who don’t want their posts to be focused on the amount of likes can hide them. Also it’s kind of stupid how they randomly chose some accounts that can view likes and ones that can’t (I have 2 accounts and on one account I can see likes and on the other I can’t)

My guess is that they must have persisted in asking followers/fans to have post notifications on.

This one is true, I read somewhere they’re hiring specifically for the purpose of chatting and they do it smart, they first interact with you via comments on other pages, once you like or respond to the comment they place, they immediately start a private DM with you and the conversation gets directly in your primary inbox. Not in requests, because the algo sees it as a legitimate conversation because of previous interaction with the user in comments of another page. I guess the algo gives the account points an value in the end. But that’s tremendous work to be done and you definitely need a team behind it.

I too wish that they would listen more to what people generally want from their platform rather than just acting for a hand-full of people who don’t necessarily represent the majority of the people and making drastical decisions for everybody, it’s just pure madness to have and algorithm decide everything based on user experience and previous actions. People are unpredictable 90% of the times… Who on earth would you have someone’s Explore page filled with cats and football only?? Truly that’s what my personal instagram account is all about… It’s became so hard to find something else on instagram lately that I barely use it personally… And there’s no way to change the algo decision, unless you start not liking cats and football and liking something else, but again that’s stupid.

1 Like

I really didn’t know they had to do all of this. Frankly, it’s not worth it to me. Unless it’s specifically your business to have high engagement.

How did you both find out this information? I love that there is so much to learn.

To survive and grow in ANY social media you need high ER. If you don’t you will fail. I learned it a few years back from learning the art of Insta

I agree. I just wonder how high is necessary. And what the average engagement rates are for 10K, 50K, 500K, etc. Among the accounts I’m watching, I notice that the only 500K account that is still growing is the one with 5% engagement. And the others are floundering with around 2.5ish%

1 Like

when you get to 500k then worry, in the mean time concentrate on own accounts. When I started I would model 1 million accounts – even when I was like 3k at the time. It did not work. I focused on my account and my new slaves and I took off from there.

2 Likes

@Alexnvo did you mention master account in slave Bio or just did the 3 line mention trick in every post caption? Thank you

1 Like

This account seems to be thriving. Even though the engagement rate is terrible, I always see this account in explore. It would be naive to think Instagram is organically promoting this account, so they must be paying to land on explore? In addition to the usual growth methods

You’re seeing it in your explore page because you visit it frequently, explore is personalized for each account nowdays, is it not? Cheers P.

2 Likes

You’re right :joy:. Initially I clicked on the page… and then I was incredulous that a page like that with low engagement was in explore!

1 Like

It’s because at that time Instagram disabled several inactive accounts. For example the username @god got disabled. I know this because when you open up the account it comes up with ‘content unavailable’ instead of ‘page not found’ (for accounts that are deleted). As well as that you are unable to retrieve the username from these accounts. Hopefully in December-January time, Instagram will delete the disabled accounts and therefore drop the usernames so I can snipe them and make some money :grin:.

2 Likes

never in the bio, just post shout in caption

1 Like

ER is related somewhat to the niche. Also, just looking at growth numbers don’t mean nothing. The account must be look at – who following, followed by, comments and a slew of other clues.

Fitness account

Why, you think they’re buying followers?

not at all. Growth methods I mean. Numbers ( if real followers ) only tell success, not how.They may indeed be growing just posting

1 Like

Is this why some likes are disappearing from posts?

I’ve also observed lowered engagement for several accounts recently (maybe last week) I wonder if you have observed the same? @cromatic

1 Like

I’m having problems with the Reach on the main, engagement goes along with it. Not sure what’s going on with IG overall. But it’s a strange period we’re living with this virus and all, people getting out and spending less time on social or just another IG update that reduces our reach and pushing their ads instead, guess we-ll have to see in the following weeks. Maybe @Alexnvo has more insights. Cheers P!

1 Like