One Two Punch Following Strategy!

Hello guys,
I always watch YouTube videos about Instagram growth and latest hacks. Recently I found a guy talking about a follow for follow strategy called One Two Punch which is basicly a special way to follow people.
He said that following random people in a specific niche doesn’t convert well because this method doesn’t show your interest in these profiles, that means that if you follow 100 profiles just 3 to 7 people will follow back !
He talked about this new method and explained the process like that:

1. Find a profile in your niche.
  2. Open bunch of profiles which liked or commented his posts.
  3. On each account, go and like his latest post.
  4. Then go back to a previous post, like it and leave a good comment.
  5. Then follow the profile.
    He confirmed that the follow back rate will increase to 15-20%, I didn’t try this method yet but it seems good to me.
    What do you think guys ?
1 Like

I’ve heard about this one and used it before. It definitely helps! Thanks for sharing with the community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, many people doing this. Gary V. calls it the $1.80 method.

Leave your “two cents”, on 9 posts, over 10 hashtags each day. $0.02 x 9 x 10 = $1.80.

The 10 hashtags can be influencer/niche pages as you said as well. Basically try to leave 90 nice genuine comments in one day.

4 Likes

Aaaah this is the same 1.80$ method, I was wondering about it. Thanks, you saved me a lot of time!!

2 Likes

Yeah, but with the punch, you add the follows too! Can even reply to Stories if they posted any. The key is to be genuine and actually care about the person’s page.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, I’ve heard about it but never got the chance to try it out.

1 Like

Heard it in the Ascend Viral Book back in the day. Was pretty useful, especially if you combine it with accounts that do f/uf as well. You usually get a 80% follow back rate.

1 Like

I have tried that method a few times but not so much of a growth there, but it worth the shot, thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Only time I’ve gotten 80%+ FBR is on a babes page haha

4 Likes

the dude who wrote that wrote it in a time without blocks and he never automated during his time either. he tried to peddle a bot, failed – a instgram growth service, failed and now something else… think analytics.

1 Like

The 1-2 punch used to be awesome, but with the crackdown on likes over the past year, now it’s too risky.

I haven’t tried it recently so maybe it’s worth looking at on some level, but it’s a pretty obvious footprint unless the tasks are randomized somehow. Finding sources with a strong follow back ratio has been more successful in the long-term.

2 Likes

If done 1-2 Punch right & within an account that only manages its growth with f/uf, you can fairly well reach an 80% follow back rate. I let a couple friends follow my followers from my personal account where I did f/uf. I had 10k followers, they got 6-8k followers. So yeah 60-80%, even though 80% just sound better haha.

greetings buddy.

edit: maybe I’m just a babe?

yeah, i mean he wrote it back in the day. And the results that I am referring to were mid 2019 results, haven’t done it since. But I do not believe that it is any big secret or whatever, this method is rather a little tip on how to do f/uf better, literally anybody knows; the more you interact with people, the rather they follow back

greetings

1 Like

for the first few k yes – say 5 to 20 k. After that, keep all interactions on your post unless in ER groups.

3 Likes

What’s the engagement rate from those followers… lol I might need to use you as a source :joy:

Great advice, and also illustrates just how important content actually is as part of a long-term strategy.

1 Like

an average of 10%, crazy to see that if the content is slightly off niche that it decreases to 4% :smiley:

1 Like

Totally! And if it’s really on point you can see some really awesome engagement numbers. Depends on whether it’s niche, with your own followers and hashtags, or if it’s worthy of Explore.