PayPal limited account with 80K$

but sometimes payments goes in hold for 7-21 days and @ that time we are fucked up.
had $1k on hold and paypal got blocked now waiting for 180 days to get completed

Thatā€™s only when your Paypal is New,After a few Weeks you will see that your Payment will never be on hold no matter what Volume you recieve one-time or in a Month.

i had around 6 months old paypal but still getting holds randomly

2 Likes

thatā€™s paypal and they often do such scams with hard earned money of people out there its not something which is uncommon

This is crazy, I know they used to Hold for 180 days period. But self transfer by paypal, Thatā€™s completely ridiculous

I wouldnā€™t have ever believed it, unless you would have shared this pic.

PayPal keeps money permanently since February this year in some situation a kind lady told us on the phone.
They give you an email to contact and tell you to wait for a response for 15 - 20 weeks.
Letā€™s see what happens. But it all feels like a big joke.

Didnā€™t have issues like this in 5 years, thank god, but I did have some minor ones, their Twitter support is responsive and they manage to shed some light/help me solve my stuff.

We all know this can happen so donā€™t hold money on one account, or at least not all of it.
Use spouse/sibling/GF Paypal to put money aside. There are fees for transferring but itā€™s safe at least and it stays on the internet :wink: .
The fact they can just take it is a bit scary tbh.

One more tip, if you make business Paypal with your name as business name, you can pass all/most needed verifications without actually registering a business, you can use it as main or as safe account.

You canā€™t send the money to other Paypal accounts neither? Is it ā€œOn Holdā€ or something else?

dont ever leave funds on paypal. I withdraw the second i get each payment.

Another horror story of using Paypal. Every time I read stories like these, I wanna quit using them right away but itā€™s so ubiquitous within digital payments that you end up losing out on a bunch of potential customers.

I heard Stripe is slowly turning into another Paypal but I think theyā€™ve still got quite a long way to go before they reach that level of negligence. Anyone have experience with lex holdings group as a payment processor?

Im sorry man thats very sad and scary for all of us who use PP. I donā€™t think you will find other CC payment gateway that will allow you to register without legal business information, especially if you are not US citizen, and many of them also reject services related with social media. So what did PayPal say you, I think you can take your money after 180 Days, but that is crazy, tell them you will contact lawyer, without some strong proof of illegal activity they canā€™t hold your money like that.

It seems like everyone who is making some bigger money with PP should be doing withdrawals on daily basis.

TLDR:
Stripe and CoinPayments 4 life.

Because of that, I stopped working with PayPal in February 2021, but my balance was not so big.

Also, I found a way to get money back, I refunded all payments to buyers (with the suspended account itā€™s also possible) and I force all buyers to pay with a different gateway again. Most of my clients are good persons. This way I didnā€™t lose anything.

By different gateway I mean my bank solution. My bank offers a direct payment gateway from Visa/Mastercard credit/debit cards. And for sure commission is less than PayPal commissions.

In my case I also developed a special gateway module for my store, because I donā€™t find a ready to use solution.

For sure Iā€™m working legally and Iā€™m self-employed entrepreneur.

Itā€™s time to say goodbye to PayPal :wave:

1 Like

Go to the better business Bureau and make a report they tried this with me before once that report went in they released it quick. then they emailed me and said they were sorry

3 Likes

Wow. I have never had this amount in my account. I really admire you.

I had the same problem with paypal like 5-6 years ago with 25.000 Euros inside.
The best option was to wait 6 month and in the end of 6 month they will allow you to withdraw the money into your account.

If you already sent your money to your account, is there anyway paypal can still force you to refund?