Phone verifying accounts at creation... is there a benefit?

Hi all,

As mentioned in the title is there any benefit of phone verifying accounts at creation stage? Would the account have a better trust score?

I usually wait for my accounts to ask for PV rather than adding them at the creation stage but not sure if this is the better option.

Thanks!

I am not sure about this to be honest.

I know it cant hurt to put a phone number on the account at creation though.

I have not been adding phone numbers at creation either, just email verify.

1 Like

Yeah main reason is i’ve purchased some UK sims but i don’t want to “waste” them on accounts if it doesn’t have any benefits.

I think i will just wait for PV’s on accounts and use the sims

3 Likes

Putting a phone number without Instagram asking for it is not the average human behaviour in most cases. When we look at it from the perspective of Instagram, they want us to spend as much time as possible on the platform. So they like it when people getting addicted and are more reacting then acting on the platform (regarding consuming content). Therefore I would just react on the adivces on them and let them lead you trough their process.

I would also wait until they ask you for a phone number.

3 Likes

Cheers Roy i will do that then :slight_smile: lets see if these sims even work… 20p off ebay! Cheap as chips but maybe i need to top up before using.

1 Like

Might as well add the numbers for 5 accounts for testing purposes, then compare them with others down the line.

Maybe they will be having less issues.

2 Likes

I don’t think you’ll need to top up. I may have gotten the same deal a couple of days ago. Asked the seller if the phone numbers were valid and been told all 100 are for 12 months. Which is solid!

1 Like

20p? What is p? :smile:
How much did you paid per SIM?

P stands for pence in UK, a pound is 100 pence :grin: I’m on mobile so can’t convert easily, but somewhat a bit more than euro cents and even a bit more than usd :grin:

1 Like

Ah okay thank you :smile:
Wow thats crazy cheap, did they work like the seller claimed they should?

Why are this UK sim cards so cheap? Here in Germany you pay 5€ when you find a cheap one

1 Like

Pls keep us updated @Kavorka I also wonder if phone verifying straight from beginning can give you a higher trust score. I have no numbers to come up with I just created about 30 accounts and phone verified one of them in the beginning(without being asked for) It seems the phone verified one is the strongest. could be coincidence.

1 Like

No idea in the UK you can purchase sims for like ÂŁ1 from most places. But 20p on eBay seems like a steal IF they work fine.

1 Like

not true. In Germany you can get unregistered sims also for 50ct and less. eBay is your friend. Just look for bulk and not for single SIMs.

2 Likes

Thats new to me, thank you :slight_smile: @Larsometer
You are from germany too?
So its correct that the sims have not to be registered to get sms codes?

yes you are right and to proov that instagram want us addicted and spent more time , you can see how they let new accounts reach many people and the engagement on them are better than bigger pages, so for exampple a profil with 30k could get a better engagement than a profil of 160k, so the new accounts owners once they see good engagement they will enjoy this and feel exited ,so they keep work to continue see this amazing results and growth, btw once their accounts is big enogh, another algo of reaching is executed which will let the account getting bad reach and engagement, something which is not new by facebook inc we already know their tricks…

1 Like

yeah this is papi algorythmo

1 Like

Ja ich bin aus 'schland. :grinning:

For receiving SMS there is no need to register them. However they will “only” work for several months depending on the provider. For some providers these months add up to a year or even more. Since I am using SIMs since the beginning of this year I cannot tell you from own experience how long they actually stay valid.

1 Like

I had a number last around a year i used previously not for insta tho. Question is if the number expires how do you then log into the IG account if its PV’d to that number?

1 Like

yes so instagram knows well that bigger profils are involved with their accounts so they are caught and addicted , so they know even they made a bad engagement for their accounts they will still work. simply they became addicted and caught !

1 Like