Posting frequency - How often should I post for best engagement?

Hi,

I’m managing an Instagram account and noticed something that I’d like to know your experience about.
Every new post seems to replace the latest one regarding likes, as if Instagram only allowed one “slot” for getting the most likes per account. Am I right?

Thing is when one post is getting a good amount of engagement I’m afraid to post a new one to not stop engagement growth, so I end up doing 1 post/day. What do you think?

My account is two months old, 890 followers, 141 average likes, 23 average comments, ~20% engagement.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that your number of likes per post are capped?

I think he’s saying he feels as if each time a new post is posted the engagement on the previous post slows right down and all the new engagement is only directed towards the new post just published. Basically feeling as if you don’t want to post because it would ruin any organic engagement accumulating on the previous post.

I’m not experienced with testing different posting, but I’m curious to hear what others say.

@alexnvo What do you find happens in the different posting frequencies that you do with your accounts, presuming you’ve varied it at times? A lot of your accounts are quite viral-ish and popular, so I’m not sure if that also influences how Instagram would expose your posts. Apologies if you didn’t want to be tagged, just asking cause you’re quite into good manual posting. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think he’s saying he feels as if each time a new post is posted the engagement on the previous post slows right down and all the new engagement is only directed towards the new post just published. Basically feeling as if you don’t want to post because it would ruin any organic engagement accumulating on the previous post.

That’s exactly what I meant. Thanks for explaining it much better than me.

What do you guys think? I work hard choosing the best images, videos and captions for each post, and I’m afraid I’m loosing engagement because of posting two or three times per day instead of just one.

I can’t share anything conclusively from hard experience testing posting frequency, so I’d rather others share more solid experiences.

I edited the title to make it clear straight away what you’re asking. More people may click on it that way too and answer for you.

1 Like

i prefer to go 1 post / 3 days if counting on using Automation to get me traffic and followers

Reason : to get the highest engagement per post as high as possible from new followers

But if you are counting on posts to get followers then i would go with 2-3 posts / Day
and i would not care about engagement before i get atleast 2000-3000 followers

thats how i do it

3 Likes

I post at odd times. Usually early morning and late evening. 2 a day on the average because that’s the time I allocated to post. The main thing is at least post once a day on each account and if I can’t never go longer than 2 days without posting. The real key is how active your account is and the content itself. Just one rule I know …never post between 11:00 pm to 2:00 a.m. PST for me. Those posts always do bad.

5 Likes

2-5 times a day. seriously.

Great content is key

The more often you post, the lower your engagement will be. For me, perfect spot is 1 post/day.

1 Like

This question can have different answers depending on the account size and personal strategies used to grow them. From my own growing technique, I post no more than 3 posts per day on very small accounts, because I’m usually not counting on my posts to grow, so there’s no need to post more than that. Now, when it comes to bigger accounts, it depends on the niche and the engagement rate from your follower base, I go from posting 3 times per day to 30 times per day, the latter only happening on my biggest accounts and only on certain niches.

1 Like

I guess if you don’t count on your own posts to grow, you do F/U and shoutouts right?

Thanks for all your replies!

Yes, on small accounts I don’t count on posts to grow. I do mainly the mother/slave method to grow my accounts.

1 Like

I post once a day and have an 11% engagement rate, I don’t believe in posting too frequently as for me personally I feel like people get annoyed by it.

I think you should try posting few times a day to two to one and see what gives you better results, if you have some good hashtags and good content more chances of going viral if you post more and thus growing more but to me I just feel like that comes off spammie and people get pissed off, probably just in my head

1 Like

It depends on the account. The less you post the higher you ER, the more you post the higher your growth (potential). Test and find a middle-ground. I found 3 posts per day to be the best for me (568k).

1 Like