Promoted post and lost engagement

You are gonna be surprized if you knew how much I have seen users complain about IG ads or facebook ads for promotion. :no_mouth:

Jarvee can help you on this one. Finding none active users and blocking them for you. [quote=ā€œJai, post:20, topic:78846ā€]
Only number 4 is possible out of those.
Quality of the posts is the same and Iā€™m still posting at the same time.
[/quote]

Are you reposting content without changing meta data before posting?

You might wanna read this useful guide:

It looks like the reach-around followers remain the same whatā€™s lost is reach on hashtag and others. Is it the case for all those who did paid promotion at a time and notice your natural reach/engagement decline afterwards?

If yes the conclusion might be for viral accounts donā€™t pay to promote?

2 Likes

am sorry to tell you that and i hope i am wrong!! but i think you have been shadow-banned man.
@Jai

Nope, Iā€™m creating my own content.

Would Jarvee be able to just identify those users? I would like to remove them manually instead of blocking them.

Is there a way to find out for sure?

I donā€™t know enough about it, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s the case.

As far as my understanding goes if I was indeed shadow-banned my post wouldnā€™t come up on hashtags. Am I mistaken here?

1 Like

Not sure I understood correctly, but the posts I showed you the data for have never been promoted.

The decline in engagement happened after I got about 1000 followers running a promo.
It wasnā€™t the first promo I did, but this time I immediately noticed something strange, people were following me without even liking the post, which never happened before.

In the past I would get 4 Likes and out of those people who liked the post 1 would become a follower.

This time I would get 10 followers and out of those, only 1 would like the post.

So, Iā€™ve got a lot of new followers that for some weird reason just donā€™t Like posts.

And probably that is killing my engagement.

How do you figure that?

My account is the same situation. Iā€™ve never promoted any post yet but my reach is so low as I notice vast majority of the organic followers I receive only follow and seldomly like. Overtime my reach gets lower and lower - my last two posts only reached 4% of my total followers. Since the reach is so low amongst my own followers thereā€™s no way I can make it to explore or even hashtags, so at this point Iā€™m actually somewhat considering the ads. Anyone with similar experience has tested ads - can ads still lower reach and engagement on a worse account?

yes you wont come up on ## and the % of your audience that can see your posts will go low and it leads to low reach/engagement. try to pause for 2-3 days and just start with 1 post a day, and build up.

hope you didnā€™t get shadow banned, cuz when i got it i stuck in it for 2 months, it was brutal man

Did your engagement go down or it has always been low?

Cindy, I have run a few ads so far.

In the past Iā€™ve had great results, my followers count went up and so did the engagement.

One piece of advice I could give you is to monitor the new followers you get with the promo and if you notice (after letā€™s say 100 new followers) that they are not liking the post, stop the ad immediately, and consider removing the followers who didnā€™t like the post.

my engagement has definitely gone down over time but itā€™s from organically grown followers. I just notice most followers naturally I receive, donā€™t like. I can not be removing all my followersā€¦