Quality of follow sources

I have the same problem as i want to target followers of my competitors but at the same time i want to target the ones that are from a specific area/region.

Im going to try something new this week and i will let you know if it works.

My plan is to scrape the followers of the targeted account into Excel sheet (File “A”)
Then i will scrape the users who posted hashtags that are related to the location #LondonFitness (File “B”)
Finally i will scrape users base on location (File “C”)

Then using analytical tools in Excel i will compare the 3 files and extract the similarities, those users will meet the desired conditions:

• They are following my competitors/niche (showed up in File “A”)
  • They are using relative hashtags to the nice as well to the location (showed up in File “B”)
  • They are local because their location is matching the locations im interested at. (showed up in File “C”)

My only worry is that the scraping based on location is going to be HUGE… i can imaging it will be in hundreds of thousands.

I’d love to hear more ideas before i do this.

Actually i always dreamed of this to be a feature in the user filters in the Follow tool, where you could apply the location as filter.

1 Like

Yeah, life would be way easier if you could select countries. I wish you luck! Let me know how you go

Have you tried using Follow using Geolocation as source and checked this filter?

You can add LondonFitness in the filter box.

1 Like

will try this one