Question about engagement

Just wondering. I have 47k followers a ton of them are bots.

This is my most recent post.

Is having a ton of bots following me making me loosing out on engagement ? Just wondering ?

Edited by Henry Cooper: I blurred your username to protect your privacy. If you want to show your account name on purpose, feel free to change it back.

Probably, but that depends on the amount of bot followers we’re talking about.

(You might also want to edit this post and replace the screenshot with one where your handle isn’t readable)

@tiktok4lifez I blurred your username in the picture.

Bots are not good for accounts, especially in the medium stage of your account growth. Sooner or later you will reach a stage where your only way to grow is organic and/or using costly (time or money) methods.

If you are representing a brand or a persona its sometimes important to have social proof, if that is not the case, I would remove as much bot followers as possible, because it only hurts your reach.

@thieves thanks for pointing that out!

1 Like

any ideas how to remove them ?

You could use Jarvee to unfollow inactive users.

Of course yes, IG will show your posts to a certain number of users and if most of them are bots, your engagement will by default be very low and bad. That is why it’s important to get rid of all those fake followers. You can use Jarvee’s Block followers or Unfollow tool to do it.

You can use this thread as a starting thread about this topic: https://mpsocial.com/t/method-how-to-unfollow-users-that-arent-engaging-with-your-content-on-instagram/2653

It has some useful info and links to other related topics.