Questions about Instagram Proxies

I’m no computer / telecommunications expert at all :slightly_smiling_face: , figured I’d ask here.
Trying to ask as many proxy-related questions as possible, since I can’t afford to lose money testing out proxies.

I will be using them for 2 reasons only:

1. Creating disposable IG accounts (I have registered for an SMS service, so I guess the only barrier left is proxies,correct me if I’m wrong? Maybe captchas too?)

2. After accounts are created I will be using them to send DMs. Not many DMs, I’m aiming to not get them flagged so I can keep on using them after resting.

I recently finished setting up all the software needed, so all that’s left is proxies.
Questions about them:

• How do rotating ones work exactly? If I insert a rotating 4G proxy on my software do I have to keep manually changing the IP every time it rotates? There’s no API integration as far as I’ve seen.

• Does IPv4 mean residential and IPv6 mean data center?

-Difference between HTTPS,SOCKS4,SOCKS5?

-Do I really need 4G proxies (I know they’re the best) for the limited tasks I’ll be doing? Not aiming to abuse actions in huge numbers. If yes, will 2-3 be enough since they are rotating? Use 2-3 at a time, wait for rotation, reuse?

-Do rotating residentials exist too?

-Do I have to buy proxies from my country so IG doesn’t find me?

I would appreciate any help. I’ve already marked the websites I’ll be buying from in each occasion, just need guidance on what I’ll be buying.

No. Datacenter and Residential can both be IPv4/6

When it comes to Instagram automation HTTPS will be fine.

Not really. But you will need to do more testing if you chose to not go with Mobile IPs.

No, proxy location does only matter in the on-boarding process to avoid Email- and Phoneverifications.

Testing will be unavoidable. Especially if you scale up an operation that does not work even in the basics (accounts being banned without any actions, but you think it’s something else), you will have a hard time finding out what causes all the issues that you might be facing.

For example, never put more than one account on a proxy if you did not confirm 100% that it works with one account, and do not forget to add “quality control” accounts to your testing groups.

Example:

You think your account process is flawless, but your accounts still get banned after 2 weeks of operation. If you do not leave one or two accounts for observation, you might never find out that your accounts do not get banned by the actions, but because of the creation process.

If you need more input, please let me know.

2 Likes

I can’t thank you enough for the response :smile:.

Would you mind this one as well? The first one.

“How do rotating ones work exactly? If I insert a rotating 4G proxy on my software do I have to keep manually changing the IP every time it rotates? There’s no API integration as far as I’ve seen.”

Generally the rotation is done on the proxy providers end. Nothing for you to change on your end.

2 Likes

Hello could you provide one more example if you don’t mind. I want to be certain i understand your quality control accounts

1 Like

When you encounter issues in your operation, you need to find the cause. Let’s take an example and we will assume the following: You bought accounts from a seller, but those are really bad quality. So we, as observers in that theoretical situation, already know the accounts are the issue. But you, as the person that is handling the operation don’t know that yet.

Let’s also assume you just picked 3 different proxy providers (A, B, C) and made 3 different account groups in Jarvee that do 50, 100, and 150 actions per day.

Group A 50 is getting banned after 2 weeks
Group B 50 is getting banned after 3 weeks
Group C 50 is getting banned after 4 weeks

Group A 100 is getting banned after 2 weeks
Group B 100 is getting banned after 5 weeks
Group C 100 is getting banned after 2 weeks

Group A 150 is getting banned after 3 weeks
Group B 150 is getting banned after 3 weeks
Group C 150 is getting banned after 2 weeks

But we did not add any control group to the mix, so you don’t really have empirical evidence of what the problem is. The following would be missing:

Group A [no actions, only valid] banned after 2 weeks
Group B [no actions, only valid] banned after 2 weeks
Group C [no actions, only valid] banned after 3 weeks

The above control group will avoid the following question:

• Maybe a longer warmup would help?
  • Maybe fewer actions would help?
  • Maybe I should keep the accounts 2 weeks valid before doing any actions?
  • Are the accounts low quality?

You would know right away, that the bans have nothing to do with the number of actions.

I hope that helps!