RECENT PV/AC POLL (November 2019)

Wanted to ask a couple questions as I noticed many people who did NOT run story views in the last 14 days didn’t experience the recent PV/AC wave:

• For the accounts that got hit with the PV/AC, choose this is you were running story views in the last 7 days.
  • For the accounts that got hit with the PV/AC, choose this is you were not running story views in the last 7 days.
  • For the accounts that did not get hit with the PV/AC, choose this is you were running story views in the last 7 days.
  • For the accounts that did not get hit with the PV/AC, choose this is you were not running story views in the last 7 days.

0 voters

Only for those who got the PV/AC, please choose if you were running:

• API
  • EB

0 voters

Pretty sure it is related to scraping. Only my scraping accounts got hit. You should maybe add if the accounts were scraping themselves or not :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also had non scrapers hit though. Both fed and doing actions with EB and other fed doing actions with api. So what does that say?

I have some accounts hit in the last 24 hours all scraping themselves (almost none filters) all DC proxies. Strange thing is all accounts hit are very old clients, maybe it is because in the past I used api instead of eb.

Could it be possible the accounts hit did api In the past?

Wondering that too

did it just happened today or all the week ? and what proxy you use 4g ?

Since 3 days and DC

ah ok bcs if you didn’t change your settings and you wasn’t having issue before then it surely a software problem again

I also have the issue with a lot of scraping accounts.

1 Like

Yeah this isn’t true at all - we don’t run SV and we got 50% of our client accounts hit.

sad to see many affected by this just like I am, eager to work and figure out how we can prevent this in the future, have we collected any more data in last 3-4 days rather than speculation that its related to too many API calls?

Support confirmed with me that it is related to an API change with IG. They the API change was story view related - but obviously not because over 50% of the people in this poll who got hit weren’t doing SVs.

1 Like

The accounts that I had that got hit were doing heavy filters on API for a long time, about a month ago I took filters down on all accounts except for these accounts cause they were all running fine. The rest of my accounts didn’t get hit, with the minimal filters. I have no other evidence, but could this be a rolling monthly limit on API actions? Like 6000/30 Follows?

Would explain scraper accounts getting hit without doing actions. Would also explain how some 3rd party viewing sites have gone down too (Piknu, Pictame, etc).

2 Likes

Yes I am convinced this is the issue - now we need to get the data on how many API calls are being made so we can see for sure.