Report an account who copy paste my posts

Hi everyone.
I have a repost account that i repost videos from Tiktok to Instagram.
There is a person that has the same niche account as mine and has same amount of followers as mine. He even has 2 other accounts.
Whenever i repost a video he will repost it into his account immediately. I really get damage from it especially when the post on his account reaches to explore page and some viewers from explore page when they see my post they may already watched it on his account. And this makes lower engagement for me and people may not watch the same content twice. The person copying my content less that an hour! He only focused on my account and he doesn’t do anything himself!

What should i do? How can i stop him?
I know i am not the owner of the content but sometimes he copy my captions too.
Thanks to all.

1 Like

Hard to do much if it’s just reposting. You can block his account and any others he makes, but that won’t stop him from using another account from another device.

Possible blocking and then changing your username and hoping he doesn’t have a dummy account following you.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. Can i report it as copyright when he totally copied my captions?

1 Like

Don’t think so, you can try.

Another way is to hire someone to get someone doing ass copyright or spam complaints over lots of accounts. But, not sure who does that. Plus its not very ethical

Unfortunately Instagram won’t bat an eye at this. I don’t think Instagram captions are copyrighted.

But i own the captions.

Unfortunately Instagram won’t bat an eye at this. I don’t think Instagram captions are copyrighted.

I also think this is the best workaround so far. But there were cases in the past wherein the captions do not get published by Instagram if they were published by someone else, not sure if this still applies today.

1 Like

Have you tried to contact him via DM? Maybe asking him to stop nicely will work. If i were you and he refuses to stop copying my captions, I would block him and leave :-1: comments on his posts using my dummy accounts.

1 Like

I contacted him a few times. But he is still not stopping it and blocks me.
The only problem for me is that he damages my engagement. Because we may have many mutual followers.

He is always online and he checks my account for new post every time.
Unfortunately i think my last option is to posting when he is not online, but the time is not a good time for my followers to post.

Another thing that might work is creating some good content of your own that he is likely to.repost.

When he reposts it (ideally a few pieces of content, so you can multiply the effect), put in IG copyright claims against him.

1 Like

This is nice idea if you want permanent solution just create your own content for few days. Just let him repost those also and use those content as a bait to claim copyright.

2 Likes