Scrapers burning to hell

Havnt heard of EB scrapers yet. Is there a guide on this? Or is it just a box to tick?

I use ipv4 residential proxies but they are shared I think, ive been using them for 6 months or so. 1 proxy per 1 scraper

It’s just a box to tick in advanced profile settings on scrapers/mains. Couple weeks ago I had the same situation as you with scrapers burning to hell, but now with this new scrape option - all my scrapers live 2-3 times longer. just make sure your scrapers are logged into EB as well.

Devs will be extending scraping through EB on an ongoing basis, so this is just the beginning.

1 Like

How do I do that? Are these the setting to enable EB login? Should they both be unchecked?
EB login

You should uncheck “do not use embedded browser to login on Instagram”. The second option doesn’t matter as you don’t perfom any actions with scrapers.

After that you can go to social profiles tab, select all your scrapers, click on “actions on selected profiles” and choose login into embedded browser. That’s it.

2 Likes

not the proxies issue, I use mobile proxies that I created myself on various UK networks in London. Recently I started to see much worse performance and scrapers dying left and right too. I try to keep 10:1 ratio scrapers:main and I used not need to replace them for days and weeks sometimes, but recently I lose it within 1-3 days.

this is a nice tip, will give it a go!

so once you allow it to login through EB and make sure it’s logged in on EB it will force it instead of the API? This is the only way or there’s a way to hard-switch API off?

edit: did you try to use this?

or would it break scraping by ticking this box?

1 Like

My scrapers are logged into EB and API as well, because scraping via EB is in initial phase - right now you cannot scrape everything with EB and that’s why you shouldn’t use EB only on scrapers.

1 Like

So you have a mix of both? what needs to be scraped with api?

Thanks, will try it out later

Interesting. Will try over an extended period. Unfortunately though this completely drains our PC’s CPU. Having 500+ scrapers on EB is maxing out my 12 core AMD Ryzen 9 with 64GB RAM

Do you guys put your scrapers on 4G or ipv6 or ipv4?

At the moment sometimes we are seeing ipv6 die more, sometimes not, but is 4G worth 2x the cost? Right now the answer is not clear.

Yeah. Don’t think my laptop can handle my 300 scrapers on EB. So, may try a mix

i think using. 4G proxies is better than any other. It is expensive but worthy in long term. Also you can use 10 ( or even more ) scrapers per proxy.

Be carefull with the api limits and the filters applied to the main accounts. The most filter you have, the more are the api calls

2 scrapers per main as minimun. But also depends on the filters you apply at mains acc

You can use up to 100 scrapers on 1 single 4G network

I wouldn’t go any lower than 5 per main, I try to keep it at 10.

1 Like

have you guys noticed way worse results last few days? I’m keeping 10+ ratio per main account and I lose 80% within 2 days for the last 3-4 days. Starting to get on my nerves :confused:

What I tried:

1. Setup old method - where I use tools on the accounts and send to sources results instead of tagname. This didn’t help much at all
  2. Logging in to EB on all scrapers and trying to use those. I checked API calls and they were going up quickly, so I actually opened 2 accs who were supposedly sharing API actions for scraping with the EB but throughout the entire operation the EB didn’t move at all. Idk, maybe I didn’t turn on the right settings here but for me EB would not get used for scraping at all.

I also turned on this:
which didn’t show any results having EB open and scraping, it was idle on the EB.

I also tried this:

but then I get 505 Error message.

These 2 options also return 505 Error message

Have you guys been able to verify EB actually works? Having it open when doing operations doesn’t move at all. Still on the hunt for this to be reduced xD it’s crazy to lose 10 accs in 2 days per 1 main account.

This is using conservative Api delays and limits too?

Tested, answer is no.

However, each to their own experience

I’m looking for someone I can pay to set up 50 scrapers for me to start with.

I pay for the hour and the scrappers!
make me an offer in DM

What did you test?