Scraping hashtags not working?

Anyone else have issues scraping hashtags?

Accounts / feeds work fine, but hashtags seem to be down.
The usual Endpoints return an HTTP 501 error.

Manually going to the Endpoint seems to work, but scrapers look broken.

2 Likes

the hashtag link has returning HTTP ERROR 501 for last 2-3 days, maybe that has something to do with it.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/baseball/

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.13.09 PM

Geolocations too

Hi, Iā€™m having the same problem in my laptop. Iā€™m from India.

Iā€™ve logged into more than 10 instagram accounts in my laptop in the last 2 years. After a point, when I started creating new accounts on Instagram, it would say ā€˜this account has been disabled due to violationsā€™. So I stopped trying to create new accounts from this device. There is a possibility that my laptop was ā€˜black listedā€™ by Instagram.

And now, for the past 24 hours, I have been unable to load the explore page in my browser in the laptop.

Could this be trouble from Instagram?
Is anybody else facing the same ā€œHTTP error 501ā€?

Do share your situation if you are. It will be helpful for others.

Thank you.

Same issue here. I have also found a long thread on reddit with lots of people having the same.
Seems to be global.

whats the link to the reddit thread?

Not sure itā€™s allowed to post this link so apologies to moderators in advance if not and please let me know.

Ok I was scared, thought scraping hashtags specifically was blocked but it seems hashtag search on IG is completely broken.

Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll fix it soon.

I am also having the same problem. So sad. Donā€™t know when this error can be fixed

Looks like itā€™s fixed now? Iā€™m able to scrape again. Is it working for you guys as well?

Yepppp. It has been fixed, you can access it again

Brilliant! - working for me now as well. Thanks for the heads up :blush:

1 Like

Have you tried using a VPN.