Shopify + Amazon instead of Drop Shipping

Curious if anyone is doing this, using something like the Spreadr app?

Instead of traditional drop shipping, you’re basically creating an amazon storefront. The end user ends up buying directly from Amazon & you get the commission.

Realize you wouldn’t make as much money as say drop shipping from Ali, but seems like there’s less risk.

Any thoughts?

Sounds good, but you’ll need a lot of traffic to make some decent money.

Amazon commissions are way too low, but as you said, it’s less risky.

1 Like

There are a few things that are not mentioned here that need to be considered:

1. Amazon cookies are 24 hours so unless the user buys fast, you need to keep on redirecting them to back to the store
  2. Less risk, not sure about that one. Amazon is famous for banning affiliate accounts because they don’t like the traffic. And unlike any other service, getting a second affiliate account is quite hard once banned. Possible, but not like IG when you can have 100s of them.
  3. Commissions are quite low so you need lots and lots of traffic.

On the plus side, you get a commission for whatever the user buys. If you send them over for a dog collar and they get a blender instead, you get a piece of the pie.

1 Like

Yeah, that worries me. I’ll have to give that some thought.

Good points. Thanks!

2 Likes

Not even worth considering unless like Adnan says you have massive trafic

I’ve seen an account with a huge following and great engagement who is just a hub. His link is to his amazon store where he has an “Item of the week” related to the niche. No idea of he makes that mcuh money or not, but I would assume he’s making money or he wouldnt be doing it…