Should I buy a legit account that has been inactive for over a year?

Hi all,
There’s this account, quite a lot of followers, legit, high quality account (not a crappy memes account) that was connected to a big blog.
I’m looking to start an account myself in a similar niche. Would it be a good idea for me to buy it, change the name of the account, the photos, etc?
I know buying account is against IG’s TOS, so is it very risky?
What do you guys think?
Thanks

1 Like

Shouldn’t be a problem. Make sure to use some escrow service so you don’t get scammed.

Also engagement will probably drop because I assume you‘ll post different content.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
Okay yes I’ll buy through a 3rd party site or something.
One thing, though, is it essential to have the original email that was used to create the account?

1 Like

See it is very difficult to reactivate a inactive account and if you are posting something which is not as same as the niche on which account has been created and grown than it becomes even tougher… I can take upto few months to reactivate that account… so think before you buy !!! What I think is growing a account from 0 is much easier than buying a inactive account of another niche…

Coz…
You could loose motivation when you are going to see like and followers ratio… Many people will think that you have fake followers on your account and that is why they could ignore your account…

2 Likes

I think original mail is a must for selling process. If not, you’d either only have the phone number connected and if it asks vor verification you can’t get into the account anymore. Or the seller sends you the verification code so you can change the connected mail / phone number.

Make sure to change passwords as soon as you have the account and log out from old sessions. I think you can do this from IG app.

1 Like

Thank you for your word of caution.
Actually it was a theme page for the US, and I want to stay in the same theme, only more focused on the New-York area. I’m not really going to try to grow the account.
My plan is to use it to do S4S with other accounts on the same theme. I need enough genuine followers for that, and this account has them.
I’m thinking that if the owner has stopped posting I might be able to buy it for a reasonable price, since he’s not doing anything with it.

1 Like