[Simple Solution] Email Verification

Oh how I wish someone would have told me this months ago!
I spent hours and hours on this problem and almost gave up on JV because I had so many problems attempting to verify clients’ accounts.
JV’s support is virtually useless and you always have to wait at least 24 hours for a reply.

When you receive an email verification message, the client receives a “suspicious login alert notice” on their IG account.
Simply contact the client and have the client click “it was me” on the “suspicious login alert”.
Then click the verify button again and you should be able to verify the account.
In the majority of the cases this is all you have to do.

Important: I have found that the “suspicious login alert” is time sensitive and the client needs to click on the alert asap and then you need to attempt to validate the account shortly after they click “it was me”.
If you wait too long, you will be back in the loop.

Do not go through the process of having IG email or text a code to the client.
Do not have the client change the password. My client received an AC when they did change the password, so I would advise not changing it.

This is the process that has been working for me and hopefully it will help some of you as well.

3 Likes

old very method… mentioned on forum already

2 Likes

OK, I apologize I could not find it anywhere. I spent many hours trying to solve this problem.
Contacting the client, having IG send the code and then the code did not work and trying again and getting the account blocked. It was a real nightmare. I wish I knew that it was not even necessary to have a code sent.
Thanks for letting me know though - not trying to recreate solutions!

1 Like

wait so you are saying the client should have the ig app open while you attempt login? Then they get a pop up and click “This was me”? Correct me if I’m wrong

2 Likes

Yes, that is actually what has worked for me many, many times now.
Once they click it was me, I am then able to verify the account.
To be safe - you can have the client logout, but I have not done that and it always verifies after they click it was me.

Does this work if you attempt login from another device? Do you think this method is more secure apposed to getting a code?

1 Like

Trying to get a code has been a nightmare for me.
Sometimes the code is not sent and many times the code does not work and the client gets frustrated.
I have not tried to login from another device.

Same here lol just spent 45 mins trying to get a code from a client fast enough. Ugh finally got it though, such a pain. I’ll have to try this method. Thanks for sharing. Have you experienced any long term issues with this method like getting logged out?

2 Likes

Not at all - knock on wood.
I wished I would have known about this sooner.
I lost clients over trying to get a code sent and entering a code and trying to get help from the support staff at JV.
They are really useless or they just do not care. Many people on this forum are much more knowledgeable.

1 Like

Yes this is what I’ve been doing since the beginning. Next time shoot me a message and ask! :blush:

1 Like

Do you know if there is a similar solution if this happens for accounts that you own and automate yourself no client accounts. Basically accounts that only run on bots and no phones but still get into that email verification loop.

Never did it differently than that.
I think this is standard for most people

1 Like

Will do - thanks for the offer!

IG always says the need to send a code, so I never knew that the client just need to click it was me and then you can try to verify again. I always thought you needed to send a code

Codes are only needed if you don’t have access to the account and cannot click „it was me“

I am sorry, I am not sure. All of my accounts are client accounts, but @LanceParrish or @socialgain might know :slight_smile:

I’m sorry but I only do client accounts so I’m not sure I have anything to add here.

Sure there is.
You can do it with the code automatically if it’s your email account. You only need to know how to connect it in the email validation tab.
Then you just go on social profiles - choose the account - actions - email verify accounts.

3 Likes