Some tips for newbie small businesses

Hi! This forum is so extremely helpful so I just wanted to share some manual f/uf or liking tips which can help you if you are newbie small business/shop acc like mešŸ˜‚ especially in handmade/etsy niche.
1.Search for competitors with similar stuff, as much as possible
2.Check their comments, usually you can find here people who ask about price or availablity, some of them can easily become your customers
3. Check their tagged photos, its a big chance that some customers tagged them
4. Check their reviews highlights (if they have them)
So here it is, you can follow them or just like, I found some of my costumers with this strategy, it was faster and much more effective than focusing on work with recent followers of competitors, because it can be just random people who is not really interested in buying

9 Likes

Great tips, thanks for sharing! :slight_smile: Do you do manual DMs to promote your etsy store as well? or do you just put the store url in the bio?

1 Like

I like your method for targeting customers that have tagged other brands! Thatā€™s a really nice tip :+1:

Another thought is that new businesses shouldnā€™t be afraid of giving regular, small promotional boosts to posts. For the price of a cup of coffee, you can reach new customers and test different ad sets. That means your eventual ā€˜bigā€™ campaigns have much more data to go on.

1 Like

Just put link in bio and then when I share posts with available stuff I mention that link in bio. But idea with DMs is very nice! If send dm to all followers its a good way to get attention from those who dont see posts because of algorithm :blush:

Its a great tip, thank you! I wanna to try it again!
But is it true that ads can decrease reach after you stop promotion? I have low budget so canā€™t keep it running every day
And can it be effective if chose automatic targeting people who are similar to followers? Because I tried to target by countries and interests but it didnā€™t went well, because Facebook donā€™t even had category which can fit my niche accurately

Nice suggestions @alexx :slight_smile: this is a bit ā€œlongerā€ process, but if using these methods you will definitely be able to target interest user better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your great tips alexx :pray: :pray:

1 Like

thank you Alex for the tips, helpful :+1:

1 Like

good stuff, especially on the comment one. some people only focus on followers while focusing on engagers is much more effective.

1 Like