Stripe Payment chargebacks?

Hi guys,
I added Stripe to my site and looking to take payments for selling IG accounts.
Can people chargeback stripe payments?
I am not looking to scam people,my main interest is not geting scamed.
I never had a paypal dispute,but i want to offer the ease of use of credit card payments.

They can. I believe with Visa and MC they can do so till 3 months after the payment. And with Amex much much longer.
I had Paypal disputes in the past, Stripe never.
Paypal almost always chooses the side of the buyer. They use their own Paypal conditions overruling your conditions. Even if the buyer accepted your conditions. Paypal disputes can go back for half a year. So Stripe is more safe for you.

For example: I have clients with recurring payments. One of my conditions is that they have to cancel before the new payment. If they don’t cancel the subscription renews for another month. A condition like that has no chance in a Paypal dispute.

1 Like

Ok thanks,do i need to have these rules on my site somewhere?

It is best to have something at the end of the form when they order or subscribe… Something with a checkmark, the chance to download it and read…

1 Like

Even with Visa and MC they can dispute much later then 3 months. Even if you have good ToS for a subscription based service the customers bank will pretty much always decide in the customers favour since they are really consumer friendly.
Usually you should avoid chargebacks at all means and if one arises you can basically agree right away as you probably won’t win the case and its too much pain to send in all the infos to the bank to decide on the case (ToS, screenshots of your checkout process showing then inclusion of your ToS, website logs, etc.).

1 Like

Customer Service is very important here! Stay in contact with your buyers, aks them if they are satisfied, and always contact them 24-48hrs before you charge them (on PayPal or Stripe).
This way you can talk to them before any issues come up. Then you can refund them manually, and not deal with the hassle of PayPal/Stripe.

1 Like

As I know every payment processor are subject to charge backs. The only way to avoid charge backs is crypto