The real reason why Instagram doesn't like botting

Wow this is fascinating, thanks!!

1 Like

Of course they don’t like us. We play around with their system. No matter what they do, we still find a way to make it through. Love it anyway!

1 Like

In my opinion the reason Instagram doesn’t like botting isn’t because it is taking away ad revenue from people wanting to grow their Instagram. You can’t even choose ‘Gain Followers’ as an objective for Instagram whereas you can choose ‘Page Likes’ for Facebook.

Take a read of this article which estimates 70% of Facebooks new revenue is going to be driven by Instagram by 2020. With the roll out of the new ‘Creator’ profiles recently my money is on Instagram implementing their own Influencer Marketplace and taking a cut of the Influencer market for themselves. Cutting out botting will allow them to authenticate these ‘Creator’ profiles legitimacy for the marketplace.

Influencer Fraud is a rising topic especially when it is being pushed by people like Steven Bartlett from Social Chain and botting is commonly seen as a cause of this. It was non-existent 2 years ago, but awareness is slowly being raised.

3 Likes

I’ve been saying this for a long time. I’m glad you noticed too. Hope they’ll implement it soon. I also agree about the Creator account. And I’m surprised they waited so long. Are you an influencer? I am and I hope Instagram will stop the spam once for all, though I hope that a little bit of botting will be allowed… Maybe I’m naive.