Their is an account on Instagram selling verified badges is this fake?

How come he’s not verified though?

Instagram can’t be caring too much about who gets verified cause if you notice things like the Netflix show American Vandal, they have instagram accounts for all the made up people on the show and almost all of them are verified. Instagram can’t care that much especially if they are verifiying accounts of fake people all ran by netflix and not the actual people in the show. Instagram isn’t as strict as people are thinking.

Just look at @theturdburglar , @jennahawthorneofficial , @demarcusislife they are all from the netflix show, but they have no reason to be verified other than to convince people the show was real which it isn’t, it isn’t right that Netflix can get this fake shit verified.

I know a dude on IG who has 2 IG accounts verified, he was messaging me on, he told me he would verifiy my account and would not ask for payment until it was done, he was not asking for any information of any kind, he said he had a connection at Instagram, he is saved in my phone for when I save up some money.

1 Like

Well yeah, obviously Netflix can get accounts easily verified… You can’t compare Netflix to a random guy selling verified badges for $300. I’m sure Netflix has some of the best connections you can get… Also they referenced Instagram many times in their show.

PS. American Vandal is hilarious.

1 Like

That’s not really how it works mate. Its not about knowing someone. After spending a significant amount of money on Facebook, you’re given a client account manager at Facebook, whose responsible for selling you ad space on Facebook. Being netflix, i’m sure they spend millions on Facebook & Instagram ads, and can just request for new accounts to be verified.

I know this cause my company does the smae thing. I got an account verified in sub 20 minutes, by just calling the companies account manager at Facebook. When people say 300$ for that, it’s likely they’re working through that system. They just know this person either cause their PR firm spends significant ad investment, or they know em through this sort of connection.

4 Likes

Ya but when verified badges are supposed to represent real people or organizations, having it verify accounts of fake people from a tv show is alittle ridiculous to do. I would think Instagram would care that they are verifying fake people that aren’t real but in a tv show. It’s just silly to think they would do that considering how strict they seme to be. I mean ya it makes sense for people to be able to ask for verifications of real people or organizations or anything like that even if they aren’t famous but for fake tv show characters for a show it’s just stupid.

Who was the @ of the guy who said you could pay after he verified you?

Who’s the @ of the guy

1 Like

It’s probably part of a deal for a marketing campaign for Netflix. I was involved in a campaign for a brand that hosted fake products on Amazon as part of it. Very straightforward deal that involved the brand giving PR for Amazon. Google does these tie-ups too, giving companies a chance to have a custom first result for specific keywords. Don’t read too much into it.

1 Like

Sounds very interesting. Can you share more details?

Please don’t revive those old threads :frowning: especially if they are those kinds…

If your success is related to finding a random dude on Instagram, for getting you verified… think twice.

Since this is 2 months old I am gonna close it. Nothing good is gonna come out of sending dubious contacts around. If anyone disagrees, please send me a PM and I will re-open it.

3 Likes