There is still slavery in the US!

What apartments were you looking into?

You can easily rent a studio for E 500 / m.

And we are talking minimum wage here, getting your coffee from Starbucks is not a priority. If you are a student or retired, or need to stay home to tare care of someone, E 1200 in Bacelona would suffice. You are not gonna be living it up, going out for tapas and drive a BMW, but it is doable.

No, we are already talking about jobs requiring a university education paying E 1200 a month.

After finishing university I would like to buy coffee if I feel the need for that. And I want to live in a normal apartment, not a dormitory room in a students flat. And I think I also deserve tapas after finishing university and having a fulltime job.

If you cannot drive a BMW after university, for which people are these cars made if I cannot afford to drive one?

1 Like

I don’t even know why we discuss that (yeah, I know, it’s a forum). Offer versus Demand.

If someone wants the job, so be it, that’s his call and s/he may have his/her reasons.

If they don’t find anyone, they will have to be less greedy and rise their payments.

If they take a cheap marketer doing a shitty job, they will loose their client.

Everything works fine here to me :slight_smile:

That’s very true, the problem is that when people do that they set the bar low and it ruins things for everybody… but survival and money is more important to most.

I’m one of those people who intentionally puts my foot down to prevent others from trying to take advantage. Which in the end, or this situation, lets everybody else win eventually. Probably why I’m such a fucking loser. IRL I won’t accept jobs that pay below a certain amount, or at least didn’t in the past, but now that I’m broke I’ll take anything… so I guess I can see the perspective you’re describing.

Good for you @ian.

No, you’re not for sure. Losers are those who stop trying.

You have a temporary problem you need to fix, and you’re currently broke, so you take it, you rebuild yourself and your cashflow, you define a good strategy… and sooner or later, you will be back on tracks.

If something better shows up meanwhile, you’ll take it. If not, you will create it.
Meanwhile, at least, you have this.

Every entrepreneur has ups and downs and downs and downs and downs and ups and downs and ups.
Make sure it does not last too long.

Good luck mate! Stay strong!

1 Like

I vote to close this topic.

1 Like