TikTok is not dead! Great news, potentially

1 Like

Thanks for the share!

1 Like

“We haven’t made final decisions but…I think TikTok is going to pull out of the holding company which is China-run and operate as an independent American company,” Kudlow said."

I mean we’ll see…I’m not sure if ByteDance would allow that

2 Likes

Do that or… lose India and USA, your two largest markets by far. US also leader of the world tech/culturally. Your call, ByteDance :slight_smile:

We will see how they can compete against Insta and Snap lol…

Great news, let’s all hope that’s truth :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think ByteDance would go for it. TikTok is international, not just America. Unless they separate JUST the USA market into its own app it doesn’t make sense to sell off all of Tiktok, especially when a ban is so hard to enforce.

1 Like

I’m sure Mark Elliot will have something to say here, as the Sith Overlord :sunglasses: of the US social media empire :crown:

Niiice, let’s hope for the best :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Does the seperation mean that they wont be allowed to run in China, like how google is restricted there as a US company. Things to ponder.

1 Like

There is a chinese version. Douyin

India is gone for good (their biggest market by far) , shifting HQ won’t lift Indian Ban for at least another 4 years till current government is in power. Now they can’t feed indian views to people in USA so people are not enjoying the high reach on newer accounts.

Now is the time, for a US startup to copy the whole tiktok idea. I wonder why no one has jumped at the chance yet. Probably waiting for tiktok to get the flick first.

They already have:

Facebook - Lasso
Instagram - Reels
Also Triller and Dubsmash.

Reels is the one to watch, but I don’t anticipate it winning in an open market. TikTok has the youth, which drives everything. They will rebel against the "establishment’ of Instagram and use the mysterious/troublesome app.

2 Likes

I’m interested to see if reels ends up somewhat unimportant, i.e. IGTV

1 Like

There is Byte, by the creator of Vine. It’s already pretty big, reaching the top spot on the App Store in the US. As far as I know, a few days ago, it got over half a million downloads in less than 24 hours.

2 Likes

I think Reels can win only if Tiktok is banned

1 Like

Yeah agreed :smiley:

1 Like

Hopeful news for tik-tok. Let’s see what happens

1 Like

I don’t think that those replicates will be as powerful as the original ones, users are becoming more and more aware of this political agendas.

3 Likes