Top Notch LVL1 Hashtag Research [Guide]

You think so? I appreciate that so much :smiley: Just trying to give as much value based off my experiences so far

Thanks @Jay3 for the guide, it keeps hashtag research at the top-of-mind.

1 Like

You are very welcome, glad to help in any way.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great!!! Thank you @Jay3

1 Like

:hugs: you are welcome buddy

Awesome post, I couldnā€™t agree more!

1 Like

thank u bro , amazing info

Thank a lot for this clear explanation, nice and easy strategy!

thank you sensei! :grin:

Well written, but do people really grow off of hashtags anymore. Iā€™ve seen viral posts where hashtag impressions were less than 1%. Makes me wonder if itā€™s the the frontier of yesterday. You definitely get likes from hashtags, but followers? I guess it depends on the niche.

4 Likes

I know what youā€™re saying @jpfletcher8. I appear to be getting quite a view impressions from my hashtags but followers from the posts = 0.

Maybe itā€™s my content :smiley:

1 Like

It happened to me too, and thereā€™s a disconnect that Iā€™m trying to understand.

My post appears on the Top 9 of the hashtag (Less than <100k hashtags), yet thereā€™s no increase in follow count.

My friend however didnā€™t appear on the Top 9 of any hashtags yet was getting 200+ followers per post (I believe he had powerlikes going on)

In that sense, does it mean that itā€™s more important to appear on the explore page rather than on a hashtag?

1 Like

Youā€™re mostly right, @jpfletcher8.

As @Alexnvo will tell you, if you want to grow big and grow fast, then hashtags will not help you. Follow/unfollow (for smaller accounts), powerlikes, engagement groups, etc etc will be the ones to take you there. With good content, of course.

But at the same time, hashtags are still the #1 way to grow organically - i.e. no spammy actions, no money spent, nothing. You would usually use this if your client is a brand who doesnā€™t want to be seen doing anything remotely spammy. I can say with 100% confidence that really good content + really good hashtags = jackpot for people working with these kind of clients or accounts. I have grown multiple small, medium and large accounts with just hashtags and content.

Seeing that this is in the Level 1 section, I think itā€™s a good, informative guide by @Jay3 which explains the basics of what a hashtag is, and how to research them. With all the updates since last year, more info can be added about how Insta handles content discovery via hashtag, and how to select the best mix of 30 hashtags, but maybe thatā€™s for another guide!

2 Likes

Thank you! This was extremely helpful. Now what is the next part I should learn after this? Haha

Thanks you for this man! As a beginner this was very insightful

Awesome guide thanks very much!

Really good Sensei :superhero::space_invader:
Today I just looked inside some topic related hashtags.
Basically you can use something like ubersuggest as well, sometimes less crowded hashtags have more focus and less spam :wink:

Thank for the guide man

I want the LVL2 now! (best number of hashtags, how to recognise ā€œbrokenā€ tags and how to avoid getting shadow-banned by misusing hashtags)

Thank you @Jay3 though, super informative and super simple and colourful to read!

Thanks for this guide, when I started out this helped a lot