Using proxies on Facebook to manage pages

Hey friends,

I’m wondering if it’s advisable to use proxies on Facebook to manage different pages, or not bother because it seems like they don’t have an issue with people managing lots of pages at once…?

K

Another reason I ask is because when I add proxies for each page I own, it temporarily blocks my account via mobile and sends me an email:

_Hi __,
_ _
It looks like someone tried to log into your account on January 14 at 11:54am using Chrome for Windows 8. Your account is safe; we just wanted to make sure it was you who tried to log in from somewhere new.
_ _
If you don’t think this was you, please log into Facebook so we can walk you through a few steps to keep your account safe.
_ _
Thanks,
The Facebook Team

If all pages belong to the same account you definitely should not do that. What normal person would do that? You’re trying to mimic normal accounts, not stand out by the over-use of proxies.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, that makes sense.

If I’m creating the accounts for people who will actually be using them on their phones, and I will just be scheduling content and automating some growth efforts THROUGH the account itself (which is legit, because they’ll be using it as well) do you think a proxy is necessary in those cases?

1 Like

If all pages are used though one account then you definitely don’t need a proxy.

Sorry Johnny, to clarify - what about on Instagram, twitter, youtube (g+)? still ok if the accounts are legit to not use proxies?

Legit or not, is not the question when you start to ramp up the activities, aka spamming.

If you have to ask, it generally means not ok. Rule of thumb.

So let me get this straight, you’re saying that because I intend to use growth tactics that MP allows for and campaign management features (that many other services allow for). That is spamming? I don’t think so. Otherwise almost every smart marketer on the web would be considered a spammer.

Perhaps you misunderstood my question. Although, I’m not sure how I can better phrase it - let me try:

Is a proxy needed on platforms outside of Facebook, if I"m managing these accounts, and utilizing MP campaigns/growth features - they have real content, and the people who are going to be also posting content to the accounts are also posting content? Perhaps this will help you better evaluate the answer to give before accusing people of spamming.

If you don’t want to call it spam, then how about suspicious activity? I generally use the word spam, because anything automated is considered spam anyway. But no matter what words are used, it’s all about how not to trigger their flag.

The reason being why you need a proxy, is because when 1 acc is affected, whether they were reported for spam or you did something wrong, the other accs residing on that IP will get flagged as well.

Granted, if your accs are aged with previous activity, and only post 1 post a day per account, and using a residential IP, your chances/percentage of getting flagged is lower. In that case, you can use 10 accs on 1 IP. But not bulletproof.

Looking back, your question is regarding managing clients accs. Then your clients are best not to use the accs when they are being managed by MP. But the constant back and forth of activities between his IP and your IP might trigger a flag, hence why you get the notification email.

If you meant just managing pages, as in anything inside 1 account, then there is no need to use proxies like what @Johnny said. It has nothing to do with proxies or not. And by using a proxy you trigger unnecessary flag. Proxies are used for isolating the accs into it’s own space, not isolating the things inside the acc.

1 Like

Thank you for the insights @dddd. I’m definitely of the scenario you described below:

Looking back, your question is regarding managing clients accs. Then your clients are best not to use the accs when they are being managed by MP. But the constant back and forth of activities between his IP and your IP might trigger a flag, hence why you get the notification email.

And you nailed it right on the head, that’s what I was concerned about so now I know I should use proxies for them. Thanks again. I think I’ll apply the proxies in this case, and tell them to only upload images if need be, but nothing else.

I don’t know if this helps with FB, but as a precaution, i enable the proxy while the acc is logged into current IP, and then perform a logout and login while keeping “save login”. This way the platform will know the acc changed the IP (like traveling with the device together), and not someone else trying to login from a new IP.

1 Like

I’m using incognito when I create the accounts, and I configured all the proxies I have via my provider with my IP to recognize when I"m setting them up. Not sure if it’s the same effect, but thanks for the idea no less.