Verification failed - Phone number

Hello all,
I hope all is well with everyone.
I wanted to replace my email and phone number on TikTok for security purposes. I managed to change my email successfully. However, when I proceed to change the number, I get a code via SMS. I input that code and it then asks what new number I want to input. I get an SMS on the new number but when I input it it says ‘verification failed’ and that I should resend the code and try again. I’m just stuck in a countless loop of ‘verification failed’ and for some reason just cannot get the number replaced. I tried emailing TikTok support and opening a ticket through the app, it’s been 4 days and I haven’t received a response yet. I don’t know if this is normal because of the whole Covid situation. Could anyone help me with this?

Thank you

Update: I have been getting this error message on my profile. But it’s not the first time I’ve received it. It happened 3 days ago as well. Seems like it’s happened again. I’ve contacted using a ticket as well as the feedback email but I haven’t received a response.

Wait for a week to see if they reply. If not send again, I finally got a reply from the support 3 weeks after trying.

Thank you. I guess I’ll just wait it out and see. I think slow response times are because of the whole COVID situation. What do you think?

1 Like

No they have always had a bad support system

2 Likes

They seem to respond better to me when I explain the issue very clearly and concisely. Might be worth sending another message and trying to write it perfectly.

Appreciate the response! I’ll definitely do that if I see no response in the next couple of days. Update though: same issue again! 72 hours later I tried changing the number again only to get the same error. Strange.

2 Likes

Hey have you fixed this?