Video just blew up, should I still post daily or only until I come up with another hit?

I’m not sure how I should approach this to grow my following? I’m a noob so 35k views is a lot for me :joy: I’m now scrambling for the next idea what will not disappoint the algorithm.

54K views now. Good stuff :smiley:

Unfortunately, I can’t give you any advice since I’m not really into tiktok yet.

i think it’s better to wait a few days until you start noticing that the video doesn’t get much views/likes daily then you can hit them with another one

2 Likes

wait 24, 36 hours before the new one – why? let it ride thats why. Then post as usual

1 Like

Keep posting imo, ive been doing that and instead of just have 1 blow up i now have 5-10 over the 30k mark

TikTok has really bad follower engagement from what ive seen

1 Like

People always think they should wait but that doesn’t really make sense. The videos are completely independent. Continue to post as normal and your newer videos will have a higher chance of popping from “spillover” views. aka People visiting your profile from the viral video. Just keep your normal routine. :star_struck:

1 Like

you sure about that? i mean did you test that theory and had good results, i would love your full opinion on that. thanks

1 Like

Yes, extensively.

There is 100% chance it doesn’t negatively affect the viral video. The video is on it’s own path through the tiers of the algorithm. The only chance it can mess it up is if your newer post is flagged for guns, girls, drugs, copyright, etc. Then yes …!

I would say 70% chance it helps the others. Kind of obvious that people will be visiting your profile and some will watch your older/newer videos.

1 Like

tiktok might not push the the viral one as the new one gets more push – that is the current thinking

3 Likes

I see what you are saying, but I strongly disagree.

1 Like

many think 10k is viral, it’s not. 500k to one million and higher is viral.

6 Likes

Agree on that. Most of the new people don’t know though. Give them time to get experience :+1:

I must post just video irecord my self or can i post some other video for example like those on instagram or other platforms (dogs)

I followed @oolongo advice and posted another video when this one hit 77k. Doesn’t seem to be affecting it too much, but when I posted the new video it did temporarily seem to stop pushing the other one. Will observe and come back

1 Like

okay great, i will try this theory and see how it goes, i think that me and @Alexnvo think the same way about tiktok so i will try what you say and see. thanks again :+1:

sounds good, keep us posted please.

Good to hear! I wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

Video almost at 100k, doesn’t seem like it slowed down the push. Next two videos did get boost, but more niche so not as many views. Though still over 4X more views than before.

3 Likes

aye aye aye :slight_smile: hahah. Told you guys!

1 Like

okay, that’s interesting, so even if you post 24 hours later there will be no affect on the viral one.

1 Like