What does this mean in Instagram Terms and Conditions?

You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or Instagram.

WOULD RUNNING A DESIGNER CLOTHES RAFFLE WHERE YOU SELL TICKETS AND SELECTED A WINNER BE AGAINST INSTAGRAM TERMS? I have noticed there are a lot of accounts doing this currently.

If anyone could help me out, I need to know what this means? it is one of Instagram terms.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks.

That means that you cannot market your website in a way that implies it is directly associated with, endorsed by, or run by Instagram in any way. There was (or still is) an Instagram bot called Instagress, which was shut down, partly because it was a bot that was against the T&Cs but perhaps also because it included the word ‘Insta’ and thus could be misleading users to believe that it was associated with Instagram, which it was not.

4 Likes

Thanks for this information!

Do you know if running a luxury clothing raffle would be against this term and condition. thanks again!

I used to use that lmao thats how I found MP when Instagress got shutdown.

2 Likes

don’t see why

1 Like

Shouldn’t be against ToS. This is mainly to protect IG from others claiming to be affiliated with Instagram even when the service is not affiliated. Such as if you were to say your service is sponsored, or approved by Instagram that would be illegal.