What is the best platform to build an eCommerce website of an online store?

Hello. I’m a student and want to start my own online store after completing my graduation. But I’ve no idea which eCommerce platform is the best to start with, even what steps I will have to take before creating my online store.
Thank you…

What kind of products you will sale?
I think Shopify is a stable idea to start with!

1 Like

Yep. I also recommend shopify for the start. They are very complete, with reporting, gift cards, real time carrier shipping (not for all plans), payments and many more… easy peasy; But, I if you find one problem with shopify (just like some of my friends), you can try wordpress + high quality ecommerce theme + paypal… but, for sure, It will require from you some skills, time, and money (for theme, hosting and etc)

you can suggest how should I get started?

Start with youtube videos and continue from there. You can find anything you need for free on youtube.

go with wordpress + woo-commerce easy and best solution.

1 Like

As there are plenty of e-commerce builders available in the market, You have to know which is the best for you and the type of business you are willing to run. I recommend to you Five platforms that I have used Shopify, BigCommerce, Wix, WooCommece, Ecwid. if you want to start an online store without any risk then you should search on google “how to start an online store with no money and no inventory legally by Websitebuilderly” post

wordpress+woocommerce start, after the business growth, have own team, definitely use Magento.

Team Shopify here. It may be a bit expensive because of transaction costs but you have lots of service and apps which can help you. So it is very beginner friendly. If you’re experienced with webdesign you should go with wordpress - way cheaper in the long run!

I think if you are at beginning is best using woocommerce since is free to start with but shopify is way so easy to set! The decision is yours at the end.

If you have no coding knowledge. And relying only on your marketing skills to build your brand, I’d suggest Shopify is the way to go. Because of their:

1. Ease to use
  2. Thriving forum & app market
  3. Payment integrations
1 Like

WordPress+woocommerce will be nice choice. So many plugins+themes and custom plugins developers also can be found easily. Plus it will be lot easier to manage for any kind of business.

From what I’ve heard shopify is the best and has the most tools etc. Apparently you can also use a app and link your store to lets say your amazon seller account to

Shopify x100000. I’ve deployed sites using wordpress, square space, magento and even salesforce commerce cloud for over a dozen projects and without a doubt, shopify is absolutely superior to every single other platform of your goal is e-commerce.

I started my first business out of my college dorm and had no idea what i was doing. I tried wordpress + aws hosting and ran up a $5k hosting bill because i didn’t know what i was doing. DO NOT overcomplicate anything. Use Shopify. Find a good theme that runs fast (most v2 themes are speed optimized. personally i recommend Warehouse as it seems to be built better and is slightly faster imo than most other themes)

With shopify you don’t have to worry about hosting, payment gateways, processors (stripe is natively integrated and super easy to set up), shipping rates, etc. It does everything, and it does it well. And at this point, they even have good bulk shipping options so it’s feasible to use it for label generation + fulfillment.

Shopify also has an incredible app marketplace. At this point there is pretty much an app for everything you could imagine. Want to offer subscriptions? Digital downloads? Do you dropship? There is an app for everything now and they only take two clicks to install.

The only place where shopify lacks is in giving users the ability to design and deploy beautiful custom sites. The shopify themes are great, but offer little customization. If you want something pretty, you’re going to need to hire a web designer + developer.

If you can’t afford a good designer/ developer, use Webflow. There are plenty of out of the box templates that will work for many things and you can redirect your webflow cart to the shopify cart.

There are plenty of page builder apps, but they all have their pros and cons. i would recommend staying away from these.

There are dozens of other features that make shopify the clear answer here, but I’m hungry and want to eat dinner now.

PM me if you have any more questions, I’m happy to help.

1 Like