What to charge for shoutouts?

Hey guys,

I’m a few thousand followers away from 50k on my personal account and average 3-5k likes per post and some companies have reached out to me recently about doing promotional content for their products. A company recently asked about my rate for a 12hr promotion, 24hr promotion and 48hr promotion. I’m obviously dying to monetize my following but am new to actually being a high enough profile influencer that brands would want to pay me. What do you all consider appropriate pricing for me to suggest to these people? I obviously want it to be worth my time but don’t want to ask for too much and have them go elsewhere.

2 Likes

Anywhere from $10-$20 for a 24hr promotion should be good

i havent tried this yet, but worth a bit of exploring - a friend of mine proposed to use a “dark post” for shoutouts.

Meaning… you place an ad for their promo - from your account.
They lean on your branding for social proof.
As a Plus for you, it doesn’t get seen by your followers - removes harm that youre trying to hard sell from ur account.

The investment would be for the ad cost + what you charge to have your page associated with their brand.

Would you consider that? or old school shoutout for XX time-period?

For old school shouts,
Your engagement, relationship with fans and demographics of your followers are what is seen as VALUABLE.
Because they trust you.

How much engagement are you getting?

2 Likes

This seems extremely low to me for a 50k influencer account. I would not bother posting any kind of sponsored post unless it’s $100 or more. $10 is a joke.

2 Likes

200-300k views… 80-170$

1 Like

Henry,

Are you saying 200k-300k follower accounts only charge $80-$170?

I’d have to imagine influencer accounts are paid more relative to a niche account because it’s a more personal connection.

If 0.0001% of your followers bought a product @ $10.00, that would = 5 sales for the company = $50.00 in revenue. If they can make $50.00 off of you from just 0.0001% of your followers, then they can afford to pay you at least $50.00 for a 24-hour post. I mean seriously, if just 0.0001% of your followers purchase a product, they’ll break even on what they pay you.

1 Like

30 to 50 dollars – aint going to get rich selling shoutouts

one can get a 1 mill page shoutout for 4 hours - 50 bucks

3 Likes

These have to be low quality pages and not individual influencers. Everyone I know with 100k+ followers (influencer accounts - not niche accounts) charges $100+ every post. If it is a general niche account, I could totally see a lower price. But not for an influencer with active engaged followers.

ya getting swindled

2 Likes

what is the charge for stories and what is the charge for the day in the main profile feed?

The thing is I don’t care if the shoutout is from an influencer or not. My ROI matters.

5 Likes

Damn… who do I contact for that?!

This sounds incredibly interesting. Does anyone have experience with this? I’ll give ya this :cookie: if you share your experiences with us.

1 Like

Same, I’d like to know too

Hey! I would definitely say charge at least $100 for a personal influencer account. You’ll start killing your following unless you’re posting really great content type ads. And if they’re paying $100, more than likely they’ll work with you so that you can create the best! just my opinion, most accounts I sell ads on have 2-3M followers which is a much lower quality post tbh.

2 Likes