What's Best Software to Collect Emails

I see there’s a limit of 1000/day for free and a few hundred$ for more. so I’m not sure if it’d be worth the effort…
BTW is your email marketing paying off?
I haven’t had much success with converting leads with email series edited by a professional copywriter, and people often say email marketing is dead…
How’s your experience been?..

About which product are you talking ? The self-hosted version of Mautic is free…

I just started with collecting emails. So I cannot say anything yet about possible results.

I once saw a saying’ “Never build your platform on someone else’s platform”. We saw that with Facebook. Many companies invested in page likes. Only to see later that Facebook changed the rules and their reach almost disappeared. Instagram now belongs to the same company.

Email is the only way you can contact people without interference…

1 Like

I was referring to https://mautic.com/products/pricing/
Isn’t this what you’re using?

I understand. I guess I’d just have to find the magic to convert leads…
I even tried running the email series by Tai Lopez and other click bank gurus as affiliate and sent the offers to targeted audience I collected emails from on IG but no sales…
I look forward to hearing your update on your results, and if anybody here can chime in, share thoughts, it’d be great…
Cheers!

If you use a cpanel you will not have any difficulty installing it because you have scripts for it usually found in shared hosting.

The setup is easy and you can do everything by the documentation. And if you search on youtube there are several tutorials

3 Likes

There are 2 options. The hosted version which isn’t cheap. But you can also install it on your own hosting and then it is free for unlimited everything https://www.mautic.org/

Your experiences with email marketing sound a bit sad. But they say “the money is in the list”. I hope that soon I can tell you from my own experience that it can work :wink:

1 Like

What do you use as the Smtp? to send out the emails?

I have a vps with ispconfig control panel and everything installed. It comes with a smtp server build-in. A little bit above in this post someone uses Sparkpost for smtp. It looks interesting and is free till 100.000 msg a month.

When sending mass emails email deliverability can be a problem. When using the wrong smtp server and doing some other bad things there is a big chance that your email will be put in spam.

I remember once trying a cheap smtp server and all my test emails to gmail were put in spam. The reason google gave “most emails sent by this smtp server are spam, so this one will be the same”. Reputation is important. I have my vps already for several years, and email I sent to hotmail and gmail always get delivered without problems.

1 Like

Where do you buy your vps from?

Im going to try sparkpost but i have a huge list.

I use https://www.transip.eu/
I have several vps’es there, already for about 5 years. They have 100% uptime and everything is very stable. And their support by email is more than excellent. With other providers you often have to ask 10 times before getting a usefull answer, but these guys are much better. They have a datacentre in Amsterdam. I do not know if that is good for you.

Others are also nice. I also have https://www.vultr.com

But when you are going to use sparkpost then I am not sure if you really need a complete vps. Maybe good quality webhosting can be ok too. Depending on the size of your list…

1 Like

I think I will start with sparkpost but I know I’m going to eventually have to move to a vps.

My only concern is to not have my emails sent to promotional. I need my emails sent to the primary tab in gmail. Some of the servers I’ve used before always get sent to the promotional tab.

I’ll take a look at those references. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Hey, do you use the same vps for your mautic installation, cronjobs, and also smtp? Or do you use have the cronjobs and mautic installed on one server and smtp on another server

Yes. It is a VPS with Ubuntu, and I installed ISPconfig on it, which is a complete webhosting control package. It makes it easy to add extra websites, emailaddresses etc. SMTP is also installed at the same time.

Recently I am having trouble sending emails to hotmail, outlook etc. Now making experiments with Amazon smtp. It is cheap. If it delivers emails well I think I will keep that. But have to make more experiments.

Did you try with sparkpost? Or is it not enough for you

No special reason. I just do not know Sparkpost. Amazon sounds more familiar to me. What matters most is that emails arrive in the inbox and not in spam.

I remember some time ago I tried elasticemail.com. First 150.000 emails a month with them are free. But all test emails to my gmail account ended in Spam. Google’s explanation was something like this; “We put this in Spam because most emails sent by elasticemail.com are considered to be spam”. That’s really bad if you spend time/money to grow your list.

https://www.sendinblue.com/pricing/

Send in Blue offers unlimited contacts for free. Many wordpress plugins like Ninja Popups can work with them